“Very accommodating to climbers”
Review of Earth B&B

Earth B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Earth B&B
Ranked #66 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here after a climb in the Alaska range. Very accommodating to all the climbing gear and odd schedules that climbers keep. Excellent home-made breakfast and endless fresh coffee. Clean, quiet, comfortable rooms. Plenty of hot water for much-needed showers. And, finally, very convenient to restaurants and downtown attractions.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Earth B&B

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My father, husband, and I stayed at the Earth B&B for a few days in July 2012. The place is spotless and the host was GREAT! Every morning we were greeted with a breakfast that was incredible, fresh breads, baked goods, hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruits, the list goes on and on. The hostess was very accommodating to my fathers gluten allergy and even helped us find a great chiropractor when my husband hurt his back.

It is located in a nice neighborhood and one block away is a fresh market. You can easily walk to all of the downtown attractions and the food around that neighborhood is great! ALL IN ALL, I would definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spacious, the one on the lower floor to the right is probably what I would rate...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Although the hostess could not be there when I arrived there was a note and key left for me with great instructions and no confusion. The room was amazingly comfy, the bed probably one of the best I've ever slept on, and stocked with a T.V. and instructions and recommendations on places to go in Anchorage. I woke up to a splendid breakfast with many options, and the hostess graciously offered to drive me to the train station. Although short, my stay was wonderful and I'm very grateful for all the accommodations!

Room Tip: the St. Wrangles room is quite comfy with 2 beds, a T.V. and your own bathroom!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sonja F
Reviewed July 14, 2012

As part of our tour through Alaska, we stayed only one night in Earth B&B. What a same because this place is a very accommodating melting pot for young and energetic people from all around the world. This B&B is used by many climbers as their main hub to challenge the huge Mt. McKinley. This variety of athletes from different countries give this B&B a very lively ambiance. As soothing and caring red line, the two owners provide you with large, comfy beds in enormous bedrooms, clean hit showers and a enormous yet healthy breakfast.
This B&B is highly recommended

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs and to the back. Less noise and private bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MMBonaire
Reviewed June 18, 2012

What a terrific experience at Earth B&B. Lori was just sensational in every possible way. I stayed there prior to and after my climbing trip up Denali. Just go and stay there...you won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: All rooms are fine and the service is exceptional.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Imax1966
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Lori, the owner, instantly makes you feel at home and is very supportive of your individual needs. I stayed two nights at Earth B&B prior to my Denali climb. Most of the other guests were there to do the same thing. She clearly knows the needs of here guests and goes the extra mile to help you out. If you stay here, she will use her local knowledge so that you can have a fun and economical experience.

The continental breakfasts are excellent. They contained a full complement of cereal, fresh fruit, a meat and cheese plate, fresh muffins and croissants, juice, coffee etc. Lori offered us to make fresh omlettes but we were too full to take her up on it.

The atmosphere at Earth B&B is friendly and laid back. The location is outstanding and a short 10 minute walk to some great Anchorage restaurants (Humpys for example). The rooms differ in size but all are clean and cozy.

I highly recommend this place and would stay here on my future trips to Anchorage.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Whilst on our travels around Alaska, my friend and her mum prior to leaving Australia arranged to stay two nights here. Firstly, what an amazing place!! From the moment we set foot into this AMAZING B&B we were treated like part of Lori's family. Lori, made us feel at home not only with her warm & comforting smiles and giving attitude but also with their interior architecture. The bedrooms we shared were lovely with a walk in bathroom. Breakfast each morning was lovely, with a range of choices ranging from eggs, muffins, toast, croissant, crumpets, fruits, cereals it was easy to leave for your daily activities on a full stomach. In terms of location, its easily accessible to a supermarket (fairly new) literally a block and a half away. You're close to public transport to head downtown or wherever you want to head too. For a day you can hire bikes from Lori. You can take the 'Toni Knowles Coastal Bicycle Trail which takes you all the way Kincaid Park. It's a LONG trail which may take two hours each way depending on the speed your going at. I would recommend this place to stay at to anyone. I definitely plan on heading back again in the very near future!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and can handle up to three people. One double and one single bed. Lovely dec...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends