“Earth B&B: Anchorage's Best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Earth B&B

Earth B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Earth B&B
Ranked #63 of 128 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Earth B&B: Anchorage's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed at Earth before and after my 2011 climb of Denali (Mt. McKinley). Lori, the owner, was friendly, competent and very helpful in all aspects of my stay. Breakfast was impressive and fresh coffee was in the pot all day.

She even drove our group to a restaurant one night. The B&B is simple with comfortable beds and living area. The backyard was inviting. It is within walking distance of downtown Anchorage for dinner, breakfast or coastal walks.

Highly recommended. I would stay there again in a second.

Room Tip: down stairs may be a bit quieter
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Arnhem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

My favorite place to stay in when I'm in Anchorage. Earth B&B is conveniently located just a few blocks from restaurants and shops. We breakfast was awesome and big and the rooms very clean and comfortable. The couch is a great place for a movie to chill out at the end of the day. Thanks Lori and Rhonda for making my stay so good - again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

This is now my 3rd stay at the Earth, and I look forward to coming back even more with each stay. The owners' hospitality are second to none--extrememely friendly, conversable, and genuinly kind and caring hosts. Icing on the cake for this homely oasis in the midst of a big city is the complimentary breakfast served each morning--so abundant, fresh, and lovely that I prefer it over the Snow Goose Cafe--which is hailed as having "the best breakfast in Anchorage." Bottom line, stay at the Earth and you will not be dissapointed!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

On our last night in Anchorage, we stayed at Earth B&B. This was my first bed and breakfast experience in the US. I had stayed at B&B in Europe and Morocco before and had always enjoyed those stays so I decided to give B&B in the US a try as well.

What I like most about this B&B is its great location within walking distance to Anchorage downtown which makes sightseeing super convenient for us since we did not have a car for our last day in Anchorage.

Lori provided shuttle service for us after we returned our rental car at the airport to take us to the B&B for check-in. For the next morning flight we had an insane early flight at 6am so we called a cab which was about $17.00 and it was easy.

Due to the early departure, Lori told us to just grab the breakfast items in the kitchen and bring with us. I actually ate my breakfast on board the flight to Minneapolis.

Regarding the shared bathroom, I had some concerns before I stayed here but actually you only shared the bathroom with one other room so it was not bad at all. The room itself was a little bit cold for us but the blanket kept us warm for the night.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative than a hotel stay near downtown Anchorage, this B&B is definitely an option.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jls3721
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

We used Earth B and B as our Anchorage base for a climbing trip to Denali. Rhonda and Lori looked after us really well- starting with a wonderful barbecue which happened to coincide with our arrival! Chris, Dan, Liesl, Kay and Lindsay

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank chrisi027
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed at Earth B&B before and after our Denali climb. On our first day there we were invited to a BBQ by our hosts and we were treated to a vast spread of food and a very entertaining evening. We felt very much at home, thoroughly enjoyed the rest, the wonderful breakfasts, home made cookies and being driven to shops and the airport. Thank you Lori and Rhonda!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank LieslW
Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed here before and after our Denali climb. Close to downtown and the airport - very convenient. Prices are very reasonable especially when sharing a room, and rooms are clean and tidy. Innkeepers were extremely friendly and helpful- even drove me to the airport! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends