“Good bed”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Anamosa, Iowa
“Good bed”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at this Hampton one night in July. Nice clean quiet room with very good bed. No sleeping issues here. This is what I have come to expect from Hampton. The breakfast was well done and the place looks fine. I will be happy to return on my next visit. My only negative is that seems a little pricey based on the Anchorage market.

Room Tip: They are used to late arrivals, the staff was ready and waiting for our late arrival.
Green Features: Hampton's program seems sensible considering they are in Alaska.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We strive to create the best guest experience and I am glad you were able to enjoy our Luxurious Serta Mattresses. I am happy to say that all 101 rooms here in Anchorage are equiped with the Serta brand. Serta Mattresses are designed with advanced comfort and support features and we welcome you back to have the best night sleep weather its for business or leisure.

Thank you for your review.

Rick Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Palmer, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The room was nice/clean, the bed was comfy, and we it was very relaxing with the whirlpool tub. It was close (walking) to a few good dinner locations. No extra charges with the free internet, parking, and breakfast. We had a great stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello,

We appreciate any and all feedback from our past guests and I am glad you were able to enjoy your experience at our wonderful property. We really enjoy seeing the happy looks on guests faces when they are upgraded to our whirlpool rooms, it is such a great perk to have on property. It is also great to have over 10 restaurants within walking distance of our property for dinner and cocktails. Having no WiFi, Parking, and Breakfast fees is something the Hampton Brand offers nationwide. We are happy to set you up with new restaurant accommodations the next time you are in town and we will be more then happy to have you back.

Glen Carbon, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is an older Hampton Inn, but it is very clean. It is very close to the airport and has an airport shuttle. We stayed in it on arrival and before our departure to Seward to board a ship. The manager was very friendly and helpful, and all of the employees were very pleasant. The prices are much higher in Alaska, but the price was not unreasonable. The shuttle picked us up at the Hampton to go to Seward.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some positive feedback, we appreciate that. Our shuttle operates 24/7 and we are very proud to offer it complimentary to all our guests to and from the airport.
San Antoniio, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The personnel at the desk greeted us very warmly and even though we arrived early and our room was not yet available, they arranged for the hotel van to take us downtown and furnished us with a map of downtown Anchorage. When we returned early evening, our room was ready. We had been traveling for 5 1/2 weeks in a truck camper and the stay at the hotel was a nice break. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and always willing to help. They made our stay great and we would recommend this hotel to others.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am very pleased to hear your positive guests experience during your stay at our wonderful property. Our shuttle does run downtown and I am glad your room was up to your standards. We strive to provide the best guest service and housekeeping service to all of our guests. We welcome you back our hotel anytime.

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed here the first night we arrived in Alaska and the last night of our vacation to Alaska. I have been a long term Hilton Honors Member and am very loyal to the Hilton Family of Hotels and Hampton is our first choice. When I made reservations through the Hampton Website I specifically requested 2 rooms with King Beds. I am 6'6" and the standard bed just doesn't work well for me. When we arrived late the first evening the room they gave me did not have a king bed but instead had 2 queens. I called the front desk and was told the hotel was sold out and this is all they have. Found that unacceptable excuse as I made the reservation in January and the stay was in July. As we were leaving the hotel we decided to see if they had any rooms for our last night in Alaska. I was told they did and that they had King Beds available. When we returned 12 days later to check in I was again told they did not have any king beds available. Needless to say I was not happy. So I had another night of sleeping with my feet hanging off the end of the bed. Not the most restful position especially with a 16 hour plane ride the next day. Other than the problem with the beds the stay was typical Hampton. Decent room amenities, good continental style breakfast and a great shuttle service. As with all Alaska hotels the price per night during the summer is outrageous. I guess they only have 4 months to make their profit. If I were to stay here again I would insure the manager of the hotel would guarantee a king size bed prior to booking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Anchorage. I am glad we were able meet your expectations with the Hampton Brand and give you to comfort and service you expect to receive while staying at a Hampton Inn. For future reservation requests, please call me directly and I will ensure you receive the requests you expect during your stay.

907-550-7000
Marshall, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at this Hampton Inn upon arrival in Alaska and night prior to flight back out. Quick shuttle service from the airport and very helpful staff. Facilities are clean and neat but showing sign of wear and age, Would likely stay here again because of convenience and staff. Would definitely do so if remodeled and freshened up.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello there and thank you for your honest review. I am glad we were able meet your expectations with the 24 hour shuttle service that our property offers. We will be starting a full renovation in the upcoming months and we are very excited to provide our guests with a brand new property for the new year. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel could use some updating but was basically good. The hot tub and pool were nice. The room itself was comfortable and neat. Nothing special but close to the airport and the shuttle service was excellent to downtown, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some positive feedback. I am glad our services were up to your standards. The next time you are in town, our shuttle can drop you off downtown where we I will recommend to take a Anchorage Trolley tour when down there. We are also right up the road, no more then 10 minutes from the Anchorage Zoo. We look forward to having you back and our Front Desk would love to arrange more activities for you on your next visit.