“Nice stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Palm Desert, California
“Nice stay!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Neal was the best first impression! Great personality and knowledge of the surrounding area. Clean rooms, homey atmosphere. Fresh baked cookies and fresh apples, coffee and various types of tea. Someone is paying attention to details.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank StlDawg
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your review, We are so glad you had a nice stay and that our staff made it wonderful.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy my stay at the Hampton Inn in Anchorage. This month I stayed for six days. Every evening cookies are made around check-in time. Five days straight they made five different types of cookies. I asked when the Oatmeal raisin cookies would be made because they are my favorite. The General Manager Andrew heard me talking to the front desk clerk Neil about the cookies. Andrew dropped what he was doing, went into the kitchen and made a fresh batch of oatmeal raisin cookies just for me. Andrew called me 30 minutes later to tell me they were ready. They were still warm and melted in my mouth. I have stayed at a lot of hotels. Some hotels I have stayed at 30 times in a year and it's next to impossible to get a manager to return my call. Not Andrew at the Hampton. Thanks! A++++++ Best hotel North of the 49th parallel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank 11thdoctor
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and posting your great comments and recommendation. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your business and your compliments. I hope you will let us serve you here again at the Hampton Anchorage

Andrew Farrer
Anchorage, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed for business. Staff was friendly and helpful. Check-in and out was fast and simple. Rooms were neat and clean, as expected. The hotel met my basic needs. Van accessible to/from airport and Egan Center (downtown) - for free! Of course, a tip is probably appreciated. I went during winter time in Alaska, so the hotel itself was pretty 'cozy' inside including hotel room itself - nothing the cooling fan couldn't fix.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Sarah V
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We are so glad our staff was able to make your stay great. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Kenai, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Excellent hotel and staff. The breakfast items were varied and all enjoyable. We enjoyed our stay and will recommend Hampton Inn to our friends and relatives. The hotel was clean, service was excellet, location a plus, value great, rooms outstanding

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank John P
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your review, We are looking forward to hosting you on your next trip.
oklahoma, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I loved the stay at the Hampton. The employees were so kind and eager to help. I don't have one bad thing to say about my stay. Applebees is less than a football field away, the shuttle took me anywhere I need to be and the breakfast time seems to be extended for everyone's comfort.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Sheryl H
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, December 2, 2013

We look forward to seeing you again soon with our fresh new look.
Fort Collins, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This Hampton Inn has friendly and helpful staff and the rooms are quiet and clean; while my business stay in Anchorage I had the opportunity to rest and recharge energies every time I got back to the hotel. the breakfast was good and the atmosphere was nice in the morning while people got ready at the lobby near the fireplace. Thanks for the hospitality and for making me feel at home!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Ricardo O
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Wow we are glad we made you feel at home, We strive for 100 percent and I will be sure to pass along the good wishes to my staff.

Thank you for staying with us.
Bethel, Alaska
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn numerous times over several years. It's not necessarily the cheapest all of the time but I've always had good stays. The facilities are well maintained and clean. It's located in mid-town close to restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Recently the quality of breakfast food has gone down a bit on my last stay but still acceptable. Coffee, tea, etc. always available and hot.

The 'gem' here is the staff. I hope they take good care of them as they make or break a hotel. They've been stellar. My last trip i arrived at 2AM after literally flying for 13 hours. I dragged in and the young lady (I'm bad remembering names) at the desk greeted me with just the sweetest smile. She was expecting me, greeted me by name and got me all checked in VERY quickly. Reminded me they had food for sale, about breakfast and if I needed anything else. It made the bad day go away - literally. Morning staff were also nice. The lady working the breakfast area was very personable, friendly and made me feel very welcome.. Wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank GSD559
Thank you for your review. I will be sure to let me night time staff know that you made there stay. Our breakfast is currently being changed and we are really excited about the new menu Hampton has come out with. I am sorry the quality has gone down as we go above brand standard to please our guest but I will be addressing this with the breakfast staff.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.