“Typical good Hampton”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Typical good Hampton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was a typical Hampton Inn. You can tell it is not new but lobby was modernized. Room had fridge and microwave. They had coffee available in lobby. Hot chocolate packets but no hot water. We took the packets up to our room and ran water in the coffee pot. Only stayed one night. No complaints. Room was clean. The family we were traveling with were quite impressed with the breakfast, but really it was what you would expect at any Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank turbosjs
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your review, Our hotel lobby was just refreshed and the rest of the property is soon to be as well. As always we care about your stay and glad it was great. I am sorry about the hot water and will be sure to address this with my welcome team.

Thank you again,.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I would definitely come back. Staff was helpful in recommending place to visit and excellent restaurants. If I visit Anchorage again, I would be happy to stay at this hotel. It is easy to get to, centrally located, clean, and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Philip H
Roseville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent 2 nights here at the end of our cruise and the people behind the desk could not have been nicer! They were so eager to help in every way possible, it was truly refreshing to see this day and age when so many young people want to be rewarded for just showing up! The room was clean and comfortable, easy to find and well located for sight seeing and getting back to the airport. The only downer was the bedding. The pillows were WAY too soft, mushed down to nothing. The bed cover was a joke! Full of lumps and could not keep someone evenly warm on a bet! We were told it was being replaced in November, 2013. It could not come soon enough!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Enuh V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us at Hampton Inn Anchorage. We are so glad our staff made your stay wonderful. Hope to see you again soon.

Thanks,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

While staying at the Hampton Inn in Anchorage we were treated as VIP's. The service provided was warm & sincere by all but specially by Neil Gallagher. The information given by him was clear & precise. The hotel is centrally located in Anchorage. We will definitely recommend it & will be back for our next visit to Alaska.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of my staff I would like to thank you for staying with us. I was glad to see you had a great stay with us here in Alaska.

Thank you.

Fairbanks, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was not satisfied with your whirlpool room. I expected more for a suite. I am not satisfied with paying $314.00 (with tax) for a one night stay for the quality of room. I have stayed in Anchorage many times, many different hotels and this is by far the worst price for the "suite" provided. I will not stay at the Hampton for the simple fact that I could have spent $99.00 (not including taxes/fee's) at the Sheraton, for a more satisfying room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Let me first start off by saying how sorry I was to see you had a bad stay. I welcome you to contact me at 907-550-7000 so we can resolve this issue.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here twice within a fortnight and on both occasions we found the hotel to be excellent with their service and the facilities were better than a lot of hotels we have stayed in. The rooms were excellent, clean. large with a large bed, micro wave, fridge and they provided a complimentary breakfast which is quiet adequate, but the only thing my partner was disappointed with was that plastic plates and utensils were used. They have a 24 hour laundry which is very reasonably costed and so convenient for travellers and they also have a free computer to use for the internet and other business. We felt the price paid at this hotel was very good value compared with a lot of others in Anchorage. We would like to compliment the hotel on the services provided by the hotel reception staff who went out of their way to help us first as tourist and secondly as two sick travellers. On the sick Aussie travellers they organised to get me to the hospital and back which we were really grateful for and cannot thank the staff enough for their assistance. The shuttle bus service was outstanding in the taking us around. It was prompt and the drivers were very courteous. Well done to the staff of this hotel and management should be proud of the service that you are providing, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Anchorage.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us,

Belton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

If there is a Hampton Inn in the area where I am traveling, I prefer to stay there. The staff is 'always there for me'. The beds are super, rooms quiet, I can count on having clean bed linens. breakfast yummy, I feel secure enough to stay alone. EVERYTHING CLEAN. THE BEST

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Anchorage we look forward to seeing you again soon.