“Very good option and centrally located; 4.5 out of 5.”

Hampton Inn Anchorage
Ranked #11 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I've been a Hilton Honors Diamond member for years and this hotel is very consistent with other Hamptons I have stayed at throughout the lower 48. Price is in line with the cost of hotels in Anchorage, although the rooms were a bit smaller than most other Hamptons I've stayed at. Service was excellent, staff are friendly and they even have fresh baked cookies in the evening. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Only complaint I had was not getting an upgrade offered as a Diamond member, even though the hotel wasn't fully booked. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Nicholas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you Labsnbeagels for offering your comments. We strive to offer our Guest's a consistent experience across the Hampton brand. No matter where you may be, at Hampton, you always know what to expect. I do apologize for not being able to offer you an upgrade. When returning to Anchorage, please contact me directly so we may better serve you. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

All the Hampton Inn associates at the Anchorage location were very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. I want to mention Julii Sutherland and Enuh Velegg who were especially helpful to us in locating a pharmacy near by and in getting to our next stop to begin a Holland America tour. The free breakfast buffet was great, and our experience at this Hampton Inn was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank A C D

Our Hampton Team thanks you for leaving a review on our Hotel. Our team loves to hear our guest's experiences and know that they were able to make our guest's stay even more enjoyable. Thank you A C D!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a great small hotel, actually a motel, but with a high class feel. Exceptionally bright front desk people, large, clean rooms, and a knockout free breakfast. Exceeded my expectations at the price. Close to the airport and the cheaper off airport EZ Car Rental office but just 5 minutes from downtown. Gets my highest rating as a critical traveler.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob J

This is why we do what we do! Reviews like yours, Bob J drive us to deliver Hamptonality to every single person who walks through our doors. Our Hampton team, our clean rooms and our "knockout free breakfast" are why our guest's return time after time. Thank you for offering your comments Bob J.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We love to stay at Hampton Inn because the level of comfort, cleanliness and amenities are consistent. The Anchorage Hampton Inn is actually above the other Hamptons we have stayed in. From the greeting left in our room upon arrival to the cookies in the evening (and on the weekends--we were told by one Hampton that they only did cookies during the week). Staff was friendly, helpful, and genuinely seemed happy to have us staying with them.

One thing: We had a king bed during our first two nights (requested & reserved online) but then after a two-day break we were put in a two queen-sized bed room. I don't know if I should have made a point of requesting a king bed but when I did on our final return to the Anchorage Hampton Inn I was told there wasn't a king bed available. A guy checking in at the same time was getting a king bed and said we could have his room. All was great with us.....except we learned he got a king bed room (which was his original room) too. So what was up with that? I don't like to be forced into a room with two queen-sizeds (me & my husband traveling together) when clearly a king-sized bed was available. If this is a practice in the hotel industry because king beds are somehow easier to rent then I'm disappointed in that practice.

But, this Hampton Inn had a wonderful lady who fixed the breakfasts, Tela at the desk was exceptional, as were others. We will continue to stay at Hampton Inns but will make a point of requesting king-sized beds.

Room Tip: Be specific about bed size (I guess).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon E

Thank you Sharon E. for taking the time to leave a review on our Hotel. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team. I know they'll be excited to hear your words of praise! Thank you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed one night on June 15th.the area was safe. The hotel was newer. On the room...The carpet was dirty and sticky. There was no shower curtain in the bathroom and did not notice until we were unpacked. We did shower anyway and used the wet towels to clean up the water. At least the bathroom floor was clean! The water did not drain from the tub and was ankle deep before shower was complete. I did report all of these deficiencies to the the check out desk!!

they had a great breakfast but it would have been more pleasant in a with a clean carpet and attention to detail (bathroom) for the price paid!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Nicholas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you Sue M for taking the time to review our property. We praise all our travelers who offer feedback. We want to ensure each and every one of our guests receives a clean comfortable room and on behalf of our Hotel, I offer our apologies. Our breakfast, like you said, is Great! With eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, waffles and much more, you'll find we off something for everyone!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We spent one night, July 12, 2012, at this Hampton. We like to stay at Hamptons and this met our expectations. The staff was very nice and helpful. We were taking the train on Friday July 13th to Seward and the staff was very helpful with information and the shuttle. I always say you can't go wrong with a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheVicster

Thank you TheVicster for offering your feedback. Our Hampton team prides itself on offering our travelers great service. Whether it be where to eat, or what to see, our team can offer a variety of information to suit all of our guests. That's Hampton!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We frequently stay at Hampton Inn so I knew to expect comfortable beds, a clean room and a good breakfast. The property met these expectations and was easy to get to from the airport. The check-in process was simple and the staff person who assisted me was very friendly. The price was reasonable for Alaska. I booked my room several months in advance and happened to notice about a week before my trip that I could book the same type of room for about $40 less and so I did!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary1675

I'd like to thank you, Mary1675 for offering your comments. The Hampton beds are so comfortable, many of guests want to take them home! And you're right, our rates do fluctuate during our peak summer months. Congratulations on being so savvy! Thank you again.