“My new home away from home!”

Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Ranked #47 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Sterling, Alaska
“My new home away from home!”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I recently submitted this letter to the management of Inlet Towers

Sir/Madam,
I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed my recent stay at your hotel. I definitely intend to make it my home away from home when I’m in Anchorage. The accommodations are perfect, your staff are as friendly and helpful as any I have ever met, and your location couldn’t be better – super convenient to downtown but since you are a few blocks removed from the noise of main traffic routes and the railroad yard, I slept much better than when I used to stay at another establishment downtown. Recalling the delicious meal and relaxing evening I enjoyed at Mixx Grill in the hotel, I am looking forward to my next business trip to Anchorage. Thank you.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Ditka08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Prague
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Inlet tower is right in the downtown of Anchorage. It is on the 10th street and the walk to the „center (4th avenue)“ takes lees than 10 minutes. This hotel has free shote from the airport and free Wifi in the loby. The restaurant (Nick at the inlet) i sone of the best in Town. The bartender Mike is the man on the right place.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank tatranka
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 11, 2010

My first night was spent in a room that had dog hair strewn throughout. You would think that the night clerk would have told me that the room was on a pet-friendly floor and may have pet hair everywhere. The fact that the dog hair was all over the place gave me grave concerns about how frequently the carpet in the room is vacuumed or cleaned. If it is vacuumed on a regular basis, then the vacuum cleaners that are being used here are no great shakes. Perhaps regular carpet cleaning (shampooing, steam cleaning, or whatever) is the answer. I bet that the hotel has equipment to do that.

Every fabric-covered surface seemed to be dirty. I echo a previous reviewer's concerns about "biologics." My bedspread and the armchair in my room both appeared to have suspicious-looking stains. Good heavens, when will these places get with the program and launder bedspreads on a frequent basis and steam clean armchair upholstery regularly?

There were also clumps of hair that were left behind by previous guests on the floor in the bathroom. Not cool.

Finally, the room was on a low floor and faced a busy road with a lot of traffic. Again, the night clerk did not alert me to these facts. I could be wrong, but I bet that the house was far from 100% full when I checked in.

If I hadn't gotten a low off-season rate, I'd be steaming mad. As it is, I'm still not impressed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Maclock
emichinski, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2010
Hi,

I'd like to thank you for being our guest, and for sharing your comments about your stay. I wish we had exceeded your expectations, and I certainly regret that we didn't make it work for you. There is never an excuse for less than superior service, and I am sorry that you didn't get what we here at the hotel believe we offer. I am truly sorry that we let you down.

The hotel in the past year has gone through significant changes, but in the past two months, we have much of a new management team in place, and we really are striving to give only the very best in service that we can.

I hope to hear from you, and l look forward to earning another chance!

Travelers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Dillingham, Alaska
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I've lived in Homer and Dillingham the last 20 years and whenever I am forced to go to Anchorage, I try to stay here. I have tried a lot of hotels in Anchorage, from foo-foo to low-end, and I keep coming back here. The staff is always friendly, the airport service is good, it has food and drink on premises and I really like the rooms that are on the upper floors. Plus, they have ample parking, and you can walk, easily, to downtown shopping and eating establishments.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank celeste066
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I am grateful you chose to stay at the Inlet Tower in Anchorage, and I look forward to having you return to us. Your kind comments are shared with our team and we hope to earn your business again!
salem, or
Reviewed March 28, 2010

When you first walk into this hotel it appears to be a classy hotel. However, the rooms are run down and not very clean. The service is average and the food is downright not good!! This is definitely not a hotel I plan to visit again. The exercise equipment was cheap and old... A total waste of time.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank raylynn
emichinski, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2010
Hello and thank you for sharing your thoughts. I apologize that your stay with us was less than you expected. To address your concerns, we have recently changed over the managment of the hotel here, and many of the issues that you have brought up should be eliminated. For example, we have a brand new menu in our restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We have been working diligently to assure that we offer exceptionally clean, comfortable rooms at a competitive price. Lastly, I would put our exercise room against most hotels facilities. It is large with 2 ProCor treadmills, a ProCor Elliptical, a ProCor Cross recumbent bike, Paramount Functional Trainer Unit, equipment, Incline Bench, Dumbell set up to 60lbs, Pilates balls, Pilates mats, Leg Press, water cooler, and fresh towels every day. In addition to our equipment, amn of our guests have raved about the great views out the window of Cook Inlet and the Mountains to the the West.
homer, alaska
Reviewed March 8, 2010

this hotel is a wonderful hotel with a boutique style feeling. has wonderful views. easily accessible for handicapped persons, as myself. i've stayed at other hotels and find this one centrally located. not down town and not outskirts of town, its somewhere in between. i found my room to be very clean and the only problem i could find was that the lobby had water stains on the floor due to snow. the front desk staff was very friendly, one of the front desk staff was a little over cautious with checking ID's. my grandaughter was assisting me with the travel and she's only a teenager, but the front desk insisted that they see her ID and that was a first. i also noticed that on this visit that they allow pets. this will be a plus because i won't need to find a pet sitter next time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 1travelingramma
Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel. All of the team here do try to do the right thing, and comments such as yours keep us all motivated to continue to provide a great experience for our guests.
Alaska
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Since I've know about this place 95 % of the employees have turned over. Know one knows whats going on and it shows in all areas of Hotel. Sick feeling there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business