“Great place to stay especially for the price”

Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Ranked #45 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Yakutat
“Great place to stay especially for the price”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I got this on a travel website that lets you name your own price and star level but not pick the hotel til after you commit to buy so I was a little nervous when I got the Inlet Tower then read some mixed reviews. However I think the really bad reviews are by people who have this place mixed up with the Inlet Inn downtown. My week long stay at the Inlet Tower was great. I was here from bush Alaska taking care of medical appts and shopping. The staff all were friendly and helpful. There were a couple of little things wrong with my room when I got there - a broken lamp switch and the little metal thing on the door that keeps it from opening all the way when you're in the room were broken - but maintenance fixed both right away when I let the front desk know. Bed linens were clean and they changed bathroom towels every day. Bathroom could have been cleaned just a little more thoroughly on the daily service but it wasn't bad, I'm just really picky and I'm sure if it's like most places the housekeepers are asked to clean a lot of rooms in a short amount of time. I was on the "mountain view" rather than the water side but that was still pretty, enjoyed my view from the 14th floor. The room decor is not modern but I thought the Alaska themed wallpaper was cute and it was all comfortable. The little kitchenette area was great. I didn't try the restaraunt but it looked nice, maybe next time. I agree with other reviewers who mentioned the tub is kind of high and stepping in and out would be a challenge if you were elderly or have bad knees or whatever, I would ask for a room with a lower tub I think they have them. For me it was fine but I could see what people who mentioned that meant, esp when I stepped back out. The market across the street is convenient. The location is great especially if you have a car like I did, I woudn't want to be here on foot but it was November and I had to run all over town. Plus I'm kinda lazy. All in all I found it great I would happily stay here again and recommend it to friends - like I said especially for the very reasonable price!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Villagegirl99689
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Villagegirl99689,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I agree that we do get confused with another property often, but most guests that come and stay have stays similar to yours. You will defiintely have to try the PubHouse next time youa re in town,a s it is quickly becoming a favorite in the local community, as well as with hotel patrons. Once again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Last night there i was on my laptop an on the corner of my eye i saw something crawling fast on the wall i looked an it was a roach gross it was fast but i grabbed it with a cup an covered it an left it i forgot to show the front desk

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Katnaaq
Katnaaq,

Thank you for your review. I have to assume you are confusing us with another establishment in downtown that unfortunately has a very similar name. I have been with the Inlet Tower for four years now, and have never once seen a bug outside of the occasional spider that looks to make it into the warmth when Alaska temperatures drop. We have our property inspected twice a year for pests, and so far have not had any positive results.

Travelers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This downtown hotel is one of my favourite in Anchorage. If you ask for a top floor, you will have nice view over the Cook inlet. The hotel has very good restaurant and provide free WiFi and parking. The hotel also provide shuttle to/from the Anchorage airport. You can walk to the downtown in 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Horalka7
Horalka7,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Our location and views definitely make us ideally suited for the traveleler looking for proximity to city center, while being far enough out of the city to have a quiet, relaxing nights sleep.
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Have stayed here many times. Comfortable beds and clean sheets and unless you plan on staying in the hotel all day, the room is OK, too. I do agree with the others reviewers that these rooms are not spic and span, but it is an older property. The staff is friendly and you can't beat the price. Restaurant and bar were very fun and the food was outstanding! Upper floors have great views.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AzBookend
AZBookend,

Thank you for your review. You are correct that we are an older property, but we do strive to make sure every room is clean, comfortable, and relaxing for our guests. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the PubHouse. Having an establishment of that quality, located right in our lobby, is in an excellent added bonus to our hotel. Once again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Anchorage.
Fairbanks
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Pleasantly surprised. Our room was clean and very nice. I've never slept in such a quiet room. Our beds had fluffy white comforters with four fluffy pillows each. Even the bars of soap were generously sized. Something so simple but important that most hotels skimp on. Our room had a coffee pot with kitchenette. The view from our room of the Alaska Range Mountains and Sleeping Lady Mountain were absoutelty breath taking. It was a priceless view. The staff at check in were pleasant and professional. The management at The Pub House came to our table to assure service was at our expectations.

Room Tip: Recommended for overall quality.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cheryl T
Cheryl T,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time here, and hope to see you again soon!
Chevak,Ak
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Rooms had no heat! they allowed us to rent a room anyways. my twins were constantly removing their blankets in this cold room. be careful if you have kids that may soil the bedding cause you will be charged 97 dollars for soiled bedding. missed the shuttle at 10am asked what time check out was the manager said 12pm so we tried to go back to our room and wait till the next shuttle which was at 11am but they refused. i'm disappointed, all said and done its clean, elevators are of okay speed, kitchenette in the rooms are nice, wifi was slow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel J
Daniel J,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I can appreciate your concerns, and can assure you that if maintenance had been notified, your heat situation could have been remedied. We would never let a guest go all night without heat if we were aware of the situation. Once again, thank you for your review, and happy travels.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel is quite average nothing really special or nothing really bad either.
The room I got was quite worn out but big and clean.It was on the higher floors which offered nice view over the town.THe room also had small kitchenette with coffee machine which was defenetly a plus.Room price was quite ok.The distance to tourist streets is bit long for walking.
Good for short stay when you do not want to spent too much money for accommodation, but for longer stay I might be looking for something else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ProEtContra
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
ProEtContra,

Thank you for your review. We are working on renovation plans for the next few years, so rest assured you will see improvements on the "worn out" areas of the Hotel should you choose to stay with us again. One thing to note about your comment on longer stays: we offer extended stay rates (7+ days) during the winter months which make the Inlet Tower an EXCELLENT value in the Anchorage market for extended stays. Once again, thank you, and we hope to see you again soon!