“Nice location, great views”

Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites
Ranked #49 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed one night in the Inlet Tower and overall my experience was pretty good. When I first checked in, the room they gave me had not been cleaned and made up, but when I called down to the front desk and told them, they were very quick to address the problem - and I ended up with a nicer room because of it, on the top floor, with great views. I'm sure that room was more expensive than my original room. It was only a minor inconvenience, and I appreciated that the staff dealt with the issue very quickly and decisively. The room I ended up in was very nice, the beds were very comfortable and I had a beautiful view of Anchorage and the mountains. The location was pretty convenient to the airport and the rest of the city, although not terribly walkable. I thought the price was decent for Anchorage. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors get you better views - the corners are the best, probably. The whole place is fairly s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank afm129
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

afm129,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Sorry to hear about the initial issues, but glad we could rectify them, and that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you here again if your travels bring you back to Anchorage!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We checked into this hotel for 3 nights based on a recommendation from someone on the flight crew. It seemed like an older hotel (the carpets on the floor we stayed on may have needed some replacement), but the room itself was very nice. It was a clean hotel'room - the beds were comfortable and we slept well. We had a fridge, a small kitchen sink area, coffee, and a microwave. Even had a small dining table to eat on. The staff was very friendly and when we asked for a room with a view on a top floor, they were able to accomodate us. I would stay here again.

The only thing I would caution is that even if this hotel says it is 'downtown', it really isn't walking distance to the downtown area. Luckily we had a car. There is also a grocery store on the next block that is pretty nice and has everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marlee319

Marlee319,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I feel your comments are more than a fair assesment of our property, and I am very pleased to hear you will stay with us again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable; and the bathroom was disgusting. The sink and tub didn't drain at all; and bathroom was old and moldy. I would not recommend this place for the price they charge.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank flybbuk
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

flybbuk,

Thank you for your review. I personally inspect 10 rooms per day and have never found there to be any mold, but am always happy to check on these things as guest safety, and happiness is our top priority. I'm sorry to hear about the sink and tub drain as well, I do know we were having some plumbing issues in August with a few rooms, but the issues were fixed within 24 hours of our staff being notified. As I have stated in a few other responses, we are currently in the process of upgrading linens here, so should you choose to stay with us again, I think you will definitely notice the difference. Thanks again for the review, and if your travels bring you back to Anchorage, I hope you give us a chance to show you how we are continually improving.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at the Inlet Tower Hotel and Suites and it is good, clean, and staff are friendly. It would be great if you had a car - which I did not.
There is a fairly good grocery store across the road, with a great range of good quality fruit and vegetables.
My main complaint is the distance from the downtown area. It is a fairly long walk to get anywhere, except the supermarket (which incidentally is the only food store I saw the whole time I was in Anchorage).

However, the amenities are good. Although the hotel is old, the rooms are clean, but climbing in the bath would be akin to performing a high jump at the Olympics! A stool is provided, which makes the whole exercise a little easier.

On the whole, this was a good place to stay and my sixth floor room had an amazing view of the mountains.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ripped_Off_inIndia

Ripped_Off_inIndia,

Thank you for your review. You have defintiely provided some good information for future travelers. I would like to point out that only one room type has the larger jacuzzi tubs that require the step, and we do have 3 ADA accessible rooms that feature showers with chairs, or roll in options, for anyone who has a difficult time accesing the shower or tub. Also, it is a bit of a jaunt, but we are located on 12th avenue, which is 7-9 blocks from the epicenter of downtown. While it's not an easy walk for everyone, taxis can provide service to most of he downtown area for under $5. Once again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Front desk girl terrific, but swamped; mgmt needs work. 2nd floor room had odd arrangement-space & furniture very awkward; wall paper peeling. clean. Airport Shuttle overbooked; lots of angry customers (including a pilot). Restaurant woefully understaffed; waited 15 min to have waiter even appear; food adequate but overpriced. We booked w/ AAA; reported back as unsatisfactory. We also felt sheets were old, & very worn. closed windows all night, as smells from cooking nearby were overwhelming. TV & cabinet very out of date -- stuck out into room so far it left only 1 ft between it & end of bed. Convenient location - but wouldn't stay there unless price was a LOT less.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SmokyRanger

SmokyRanger,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. We currently contract our shuttles out to an outside company, and I have forwarded your concerns onto their Operations Manager so we can work toward eliminating this issue from arising again. You will be pleased to know TV's are currently being upgraded, as we are making the switch to Flat Panel LCD's, and also that we are upgrading our linen package offered to our guests for the 2013 season. PubHouse is a new restaraunt that just got started in June and they have been challenged, as any new business is, to maintain adequate staffing for the demand Alaskan Summers can put on a restaraunt. (especially in downtown Anchorage) I can tell you that as of lately they are receiving rave reviews, and things are running much more smoothly. Once again, we appreciate your time, and wish you happy travels wherever your next aventure takes you.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Reservation was flubbed up - took 1/2 hr for them to straighten out. Sheets low quality, bed swaybacked. Pillow lumpy & huge. Staff is not especially customer service oriented except for the shuttle driver. On the plus side they allow dogs, have a decent restaurant & great little coffee shop & market next door. They also have a free airport shuttle.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Alaskamojo
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Alaskamojo,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I'm sorry to hear you had issues upon check-in, but am happy to ehar we were able to get things taken care of. One thing you will be happy to know is we are in the process of upgrading the guest sleep experience through improved linens, pillows, and matresses. We should have them all changed out by summer 2013, and ready for another great summer season. Thank you for mentioning New Sagaya City Market in your review as this market is an excellent amenity for our guests. Something to keep in mind: As of August 1st, we now proudly serve Starbucks Coffee in house and have a barista here 7 days a week! Fresh latte's and mochas without even having to leave the Hotel! (Yeah we are pretty excited about that.)

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at the Inlet Tower Hotel and Suites upon our arrival in Anchorage and also right before our departure. The rooms are big, comfortable and are equipped with microwave and mini refrigerator. Bathrooms are clean. The shower is slightly difficult to get into as it is a high single step up. It might be difficult for an older individual as there is also no grab bar. It is a short distance from the airport and also downtown. The hotel restaurant is phenomenal!!!!! I can't rave enough about their food. Every meal we had there was excellent. They also had a good wine list. I was highly impressed for a hotel restaurant. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cristiana W

Cristiana,

Thank you so much for your review. It sounds like we hit a home run on your stay, which is always our goal. The restaraunt ,"PubHouse", is a fairly new concept in Anchorage called a "gastropub", and it is receiving rave reviews.