Historic Anchorage Hotel
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$191
ComfortInn
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$134
$114
$231
$195
$287
$269
EmbassySuites.com
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$219
QualityInn
$295
  • Pool
$139
All reviewsgreat locationmake your own waffleshard boiled eggsstreet noisewithin walking distancecontinental breakfasttrain stationsmall hotelyogurtchain hotelsglacier brewhousedowntown areaquiet roomwould definitely stay here againcorner roomcentral locationjunior suite
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Pros: GREAT location, within walking distance to many attractions downtown, comfortable bed, roomy bedroom and bathroom, reasonable prices
Cons: No air conditioning (we were there when it was 80 degrees, and our room was hotter than it was outside, even with the windows open), no shuttle service, so we had to walk uphill from the train station and pay for a taxi to the airport
Breakfast was OK. We didn't have time to make waffles or sit down and eat cereal. The only thing available to grab and go were a couple of crumbly bagels. Next time we'll wake up early to eat.
Bottom line: I'd stay there again, if the forecast shows cool weather. If it's going to be another hot one, I'd pay extra for a hotel with AC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street, especially if you need to open the window for air circulation.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravellingTexasMom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

A great location and very friendly.Staff were all fantastic rooms clean and warm.
And you get breakfast as well I would stay here again.
The town is cool to and lots to do.You can fish for salmon go hunting the Alaskan way see ice glaciers and check the history out of the last frontier.
It's very different to any where I have been.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I would stay here again. I stay 5 out 7 nights durning my week in Alaska. I was greeted by name and conversation on each arrival. Its downtown so there was street noise as i was there during a "heatwave" and had the windows open and an oscillating fan going 24/7. I spent quite a bit of time in my rooms due to back spasms, the bed and linens were very nice. The staff assisted me with a box to store my belongings during an excursion and my belongings were waiting for me in my room upon arrival. You can get snacks and drinks at the hotel next door. Gift shopping and restaurants are all close by. I enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JanaBirdie
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The location of this hotel is GREAT! You are right downtown where all of the stores and shops are located. The rooms are very clean and modern and yet they have not lost the feel of their past history. Photographs line the hallways showing what things were like "back when." The continental breakfast was satisfying, and the staff friendly. Parking off site was extra and we had a problem one night when the lot was full (it is not used exclusively by the hotel). Also, they claim the hotel is haunted, but since that is NOT an attraction I want to experience, I was glad I did not find that out until the day we were leaving. Looking back, however, there was a knock on our door and when I went to see who was there, the hallway was empty.......

Room Tip: We were guests during a summer heat wave - really it reached 90 degrees and the hotel does not have air conditioning. It cooled off at night, though, and the fan in the room made it comfortable to sleep. Trust me, when they register 90 degrees in Anchorage, it is not the same 90 degrees we experience on the humid east coast!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank watts0925
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was a ideal spot for the city center. Only problem is parking is away and extra cost. We were pleased with the room and breakfast was okay. Looked for the haunted but found no one there that night in June.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family