“Embassy Suites...how Suite it is!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a pretty nice property. The entrance is welcoming and the water fountain is beautiful. That evening my girlfriends and I enjoyed our complimentary beverages at the bar during their happy hour. Later we took advantage of the shuttle service and headed downtown. - BONUS, the shuttle runs late at night so we didn't have to take a cab back :) The best thing ever was the complimentary cook-to-order breakfast. - They also have buffet items, cold & hot cereal, fruit, & yogurt. No complaints from us. Highly recommend a stay! Perfect location.... in midtown close to the highway. - wouldn't guess that from how quiet it is.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna S
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

I am so pleased you had a delightful stay with your friends. Thank you for your excellent review. Please come back and join us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I traveled to Anchorage with my 80 year old father for the Iditarod, March 2014. Not only were accommodations great for a long stay, the staff at this hotel was WONDERFUL!!! Front desk, housekeepers, kitchen and restaurant staff, and the coffee shop. All of the staff was VERY friendly and accommodating!
The rooms are spacious and were perfect for 2 people that need separate bedrooms. My father stayed in the bedroom and I used the pull out couch in the living room. There was plenty of closet space and dresser drawers to unpack and be settled for 9 days!
I highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely stay here again if we return to Anchorage!!!
The free breakfast in the morning is great and we ended up only eating two meals a day because of the large breakfast in the morning!

1  Thank Sheri M
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay at the Embassy. We really appreciate your feedback regarding our staff and the hotel in general. Our team is very proud of the hotel and the job they do every day and it shows. We look forward to seeing you again at the next Iditarod.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Horrible reception at check in the front desk clerk was rude and in a rush also during the manager reception I got attitude from one of the servers. My main issue was..... I tried reaching to to Mr.Remmer the GM 3 times about the issues I had, but I got no response!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ed P
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

I am sorry that you did not receive my original response to your email to me. I was suprised to learn of your dismay just recently and we have communicated since. Although not perfect, I certainly do my best to respond to guests in a timely manner. We hope that we can welcome you back.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

There was no extra bedding linen or blankets for use on the pull-out couch bed for our daughter's use. We called twice for a set, and the next time we called they asked us to go downstairs to pick them up ourselves.

1  Thank 822arleneg

I apologize about your problems with getting bedding. The extra bedding should have been in the room when you arrived and we certainly should be delivering it to you if not there. I am sorry that your tripadvisor review ranks the overall experience so poorly over this one issue but promise to do better next time. I hope the balance of your stay was enjoyable.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Friendly staff! QUIET!!! Large rooms with lots of extras. Free drinks and wonderful snack in the evening and a cook to order breakfast. This hotel really cares about taking care of you. LOVED OUR EXPERIENCE!!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for traveling south and joining us at the Embassy Suites. We appreciate your wonderful comments and review. Please come back and join us again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a great hotel. The suites are spacious and very clean. The breakfast is excellent, with many choices. The staff is extra pleasant. There is a pool and a large hot tub, which make the stay even better.

2  Thank Josteuno
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that you had such a great experience at the Embassy Suites Anchorage. It means a great deal that you recommend our hotel so highly. I am very lucky to have a staff who truly care about our guests. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Do not be deceived by the Embassy Suites name. This hotel needs a lot of upgrading to meet quality standards. The location is ideal as it's a mid-town location but the accommodations are sub pare. For a business traveler, my expectations were not met and I was not treated as a Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lynette K
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

I am sorry you were disappointed with the quality of the lodging at the Embassy. We certainly do not wish for any guest to walk away less than pleased with their experience. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will utilize the Embassy brand in the future.