“Close enough but not too close”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Loved our stay at the Embassy Suites. Perfect hotel for families. Expensive during the season, but we used Hilton Honors points for a free stay. The shuttle from the airport actually services 3 different Hilton properties and so it took a little while for the shuttle to get to the airport. I was anxious to get to the hotel and start our sightseeing so this was a little frustrating until we got in the van and the driver started telling us where to go and what to see. He was AWESOME! What a great way to start our vacation.

The hotel has 3 different shuttles designated for certain "runs". One is for the airport, one is for downtown and one is for "wherever needed". It worked out really well for us. We took a shuttle downtown and had some lunch. My husband and oldest son then walked over to Avis and picked up our rental car while my youngest (who broke his foot 2 weeks before this vacation and was in a cast and on crutches) waited. We did the reverse when we returned a week later - hubby dropped us off at a restaurant, dropped of the car and then after dinner we returned to the shuttle pickup/drop off spot to return to the hotel. We never had to wait more than 15 minutes.

If you've stayed at an Embassy Suites before, you know that in the evenings there is a Managers Reception with snack food and free drinks. In all the ones we've previously stayed at, the drinks were unlimited for the 2 hours of the reception. At this hotel, you are limited to 2 drinks. They do check your room key for the first drink and then give you a drink ticket for your second drink. After 2 drinks you have to start paying for drinks even if the reception is still going on. I don't know if this is in compliance with a local ordinance or what the reason.

Overall, we loved the hotel and would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Anchorage. There is not a lot to do in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, but all the "action" is just a short drive away via shuttle. Very convenient, but not so convenient that you might be disturbed by street noise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Michelle F
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for completing a review of your stay. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us here at Embassy Suites and trusted our staff to provide your family with a relaxing stay. I am pleased that the shuttle and breakfast met your approval. It is our hope that we get to welcome you back once again.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed at the Embassy while I was attending classes for work. I enjoyed it very much. I loved the breakfast and the afternoon drinks and my room was wonderful. The van drivers were excellent. I was there during an ice storm and they were very cautious drivers.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to submit your TripAdvisor comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and that the drivers did a good job transporting you. We appreciate your business and your valuable approval. We hope that you will have the chance to return for another class in the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

great place, very comfortable and a place conducive in doing business. the lounge hour and complimentary refreshments were a plus. extremely comfortable main area. rooms are large a very private. great furniture nice ottoman couch with two flat screens.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I appreciate your strong endorsement for the business traveler. Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hotel is very well maintaned and has an exceptional housekeeping staff. Room (two bedroom suite) was perfect. Perfect location. This is one of the best hotels in the State. Check-in was fast and friendly. Check-out was flawless (I had to switch credit cards). Breakfast was more than expected.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matthew M
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful endorsement. I know I am biased but agree with you that our housekeepers are the best. Please join us at the Embassy again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Amazing hotel. I have stayed at others in the area but from now on this is my hotel to stay at. Truly a wonderful experience. Was there over thanksgiving and they treated me so warmly. It was almost like being home. Great place!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Randall S

We hope that every one of our guests feels welcome and at home. I greatly appreciate your support and want to thank you for the fabulous comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We've stayed here several times before and have been thoroughly pleased each time.

Unfortuantely, this time I goofed up my reservations and we showed up a day early. Luckily, the hotel wasn't completely full and I got a room for my family despite it being a busy weekend.

The next morning, I had to scan and email a document that was time sensitive. The scanner in the business center wasn't working, so the front desk worker tried 3 times to scan it using their 'back of the house' scanner, but was unsuccessful so she faxed it for me. Her patience and helpfulness was much appreciated.

Their breakfast cook has got to be the hardest working cook in Anchorage, but does it all with a smile and a fast touch.

The pool was a bit cloudy due to heavy use over the weekend, but still a blast for the kids.

Thanks for everything. We'll be back

2 suggestions...
1. The pool floor is crazy slippery - going from the pool to the hot tub is really hazardous. Some sort of a traction matt or sticky traction tabs would be a GREAT idea.
2. HHonors is a great program, but I'm still a bit burned after losing ALL of my points about 3 years ago when we went longer than 12 months without using a Hilton Hotel. I didn't think that any reward programs put such short usage deadlines on their programs.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and your detailed review. I am very sorry that you had an issue with the HHonors program. We appreciate your brand loyalty. Please come back and join us again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have stayed here many times. The staff is wonderful. The rooms are to great and the beds OMG. I love it here. Comp breakfast. Omelets, pancakes, biscuits and gravy ( not great but ok) bacon/ham/sausage , juices, fresh fruit. etc. Laundry, pool, bar with managers reception in the evening. A great place to stay.

Room Tip: They are all good. Upper floors are better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry G

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate your business. Please come back and visit the Embassy again soon.