“The ONLY place to stay in Anchorage!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I cannot say enough positive remarks for this hotel. Manager Glen took care of us (we flew to and from Anchorage on flight buddy passes and our trip was unpredictable). He made us feel at home,even arranging toothbrushes etc when our flight got bumped and we returned for another night. The breakfast was fantastic;omelettes made to order. They have a manager's reception daily with snacks and drinks. The shuttle brings you downtown or to the airport. All of our accomodations were bar none. I have never stayed at a better hotel! I just wish I could bring Glen and his staff with me everywhere I travel!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank TravelStarBecky
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I am pleased that you were so well taken care of by the team here. I know getting bumped off a flight is not a wonderful experience and am delighted that we were able to help a stressful situation. We hope that you will return and stay with us again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a weekend at this fine hotel. The suite was spacious, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great and we also enjoyed the 5 O'clock Manager's buffet in the lobby.
Near shopping centers, the airport and major highways - we highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seth r
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review through TripAdvisor. I am pleased to receive your recommendation that your suite was fit for an ambassador. We look forward to your return to the Embassy for another weekend in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the embassy suites hotel for 5 nights as my husband was recovering from surgery. This is a fantastic hotel! They have a very attentive and friendly staff from house keeping to management! They have the best cook to order breakfast of any hotel I have ever stayed. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. I will definitly stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Alaskandelight
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

I was delighted reading your wonderful review. Thank you for your comments. I will make sure your feedback about our breakfast cook is passed on to him. Please come back and stay with us at the Embassy Suites again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

It was our first time staying at this hotel. We stayed for 6 nights. Wonderful service, room was really nice and clean. Their breakfast in the morning was superb! This particular Embassy suites also serve Starbucks coffee in the morning. Great for those who loves Starbucks coffee!. I would definitely stay here again. I would highly recommend this hotel either for leisure or for business!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jo M
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I love your headline...Awesome. I am delighted that your stay was so enjoyable and that you rated us highly. We hope that you will have the opportunity to return to the Embassy Suites Anchorage in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were a group of 4, doing our own land package (started in Fairbanks) through Alaska and eventually, ending up on a cruise out of Whittier.

Embassy Suites in Anchorage was true bliss! We were originally slated to stay at Ship Creek Inn, but after reading some not so good reviews, and noticing that we could stay at Embassy Suites for the SAME PRICE, we cancelled Ship Creek and reserved our 2 rooms at Embassy Suites.

GREAT GREAT HOTEL! The pool was warm and wonderful and so good just to splash around in for relaxation time. The laundry facilities were excellent. The breakfast was TOP SHELF! Get there as early as possible to avoid the line for cooked to order eggs/omelets, etc.

The evening manager's reception does not have any decent snacks or food, but the bar tenders are friendly and will not skimp on the wine or drinks!

The linens in our room were fabulous! The sofa bed was even comfortable! Loved the down comforters!

You can walk to Wal-Mart for supplies in about 5-7 minutes. This is a GREAT factor when shopping for a hotel but you also want easy conveniences (shopping) within walking distance.

There are just not enough nice words to say about this wonderful hotel. They are doing a LOT of things right and it shows!!!

Room Tip: Hit the breakfast early to avoid the lines for the cooked to order eggs/pancakes/etc.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Angiet2
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I was certainly delighted reading your review. I am pleased that we were a welcome change after your earlier stops in the state. Your kind words and observations say alot coming from someone who obviously travels a great deal. We promise we will continue to ensure a equal experience for our future guests. Thank you for your comments. Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Embassy Suites in Anchorage has friendly staff, immaculate rooms and excellent food. The rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds. If you're staying for any length of time in the area, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris H
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

We certainly appreciate your wonderful feedback and your vauable business. We hope to see you again on a future trip.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived on the train from Denali at 8:00 in the evening and were picked up by the hotel shuttle. When entering the hotel lobby, we were greeted by beautiful and inviting surroundings.
The front desk staff was courteous and professional. Our king bedroom suite was clean, tastefully decorated, and quite roomy. Our bed was comfortable with lots of pillows and a wonderful down comforter. It was a heavenly and very welcome change after our rather nasty hotel experience in Denali!

We cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel manager and staff! They were always helpful, pleasant and eager to please. An awesome staff which helped to make our stay a great experience!

Being a Hilton Honors member, we had free Wifi and it actually worked well. Most of our other stops in Alaska had extremely SLOW internet access! The two complimentary Happy Hour drinks each day was also a nice benefit. Even having arrived so late on our first night, we were still provided with our complimentary drinks.

The complimentary breakfast was great - omelets made to order, scrambled eggs, ham, bacon sausage, sausage gravy & biscuits, pancakes, French toast sticks, and plenty of other choices. Guaranteed not to go away hungry!!

Finally, the hotel shuttle was very convenient- with a visit to the front desk, the shuttle was ready to take us to the train station. Also, airport pickup can be provided.

Embassy Suites is truly a hotel that gets it right!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LoveTravelling-JB

I am delighted that you have found our hotel to your liking. You obviously had the opportunity to enjoy our many Embassy amenities. I hope our breakfast chef made you one of his "killer" omeletes. Most importantly we have a team that is focused on excellent guest service which you conveyed. Thank you again for the excellent review! We look forward to your visit again should you trek north to Alaska.