“Warm, Friendly & Delicious”
Review of The Falafel King

The Falafel King
Ranked #88 of 879 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Anchorage
“Warm, Friendly & Delicious”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Walked from The Voyager Hotel 1.3 miles to the Falafel King- based on the reviews on Tripadvisor- and so glad we did! The owner was so gracious. Memorable experience-great food. His Mom cooks Fridays and Sundays- with specials served- you can call up and ask what they will be...maybe stuffed eggplant, meatballs, stuffed cabbage....ooH it looked good! Enjoy-

• Visited January 2011

San Antonio, Texas
“Small restaurant, outstanding meal. I was in Pita heaven.”
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I had the grilled chicken with falafel. The pita was delicious and the falefel was the perfect side dish. Great value for the meal, don't let the small building fool you, this place is the diamond in the rough ( gambell corridor). Shalom

• Visited January 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
“everythng from scratch and tastes like home made - cause it is!”
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I eat there at least once a week. Big portions, friendly owners, fresh and healthy. Oh did I mention great prices for big portions of authentic middle eastern fare. Limited menu but occasional fantastic specials.

anchorage
“best little falafel house!”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

food is fantastic. very authentic, family owned/operated with a friendly atmosphere. not a sit down type of restaurant, but at the lunch hour there is usually a line out the door for swarma and falafel. large portions- great value

Alaska
“Heaven in a Pita”
Reviewed September 10, 2009

After seeing reviews on Trip Advisor I went looking. I was at first wary as the building is very small and unimpressive from the outside. Upon entering the building, I found a very clean and hospitable setting. I was greeting by the friendly family that owns the restaurant and given samples of the meet with Tahini and hot sauce. The morsels were gone in seconds and I placed my order. The young lady asked what topping I wanted, and I asked her to prepare it just like she prefers, with the works. I was then handed a very large, stuffed pita, filled with amazing goodness. I was very impressed with the food and friendly people. You really must try it!

2 Thank Boondoc