“Enchanting” 4 of 5 bubbles

Alaska Botanical Garden
Ranked #44 of 215 things to do in Anchorage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take in the beauty of Alaska's native flora and northern-hardy perennials at this tranquil garden located amidst 110 acres of boreal forest. View perennial, herb, alpine rock and wildflower gardens. Walk on nature trails, enjoy our Gold Medal Peony Collection and visit our Anchorage Heritage Garden. The main paved loop is about a half mile. ABG is a completely outdoor facility with a small gift shop. There are currently no greenhouses or indoor facilities. We are open year round, but snow covered in the winter. The fence surrounding the garden keeps the moose out, but bears can come and go. ABG is a private non-profit, we received no state or municipal funding. ABG is supported by entry fees, memberships, donations, program fees, gift shop sales and corporate sponsorship. If you have any questions please feel free to visit our website or call the office. We hope you enjoy your visit and thank you for supporting the garden!
Wasilla, AK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Enchanting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I visited it during my first visit to Alaska, and I enjoyed it a lot. I like gardening, and I felt they had a nice garden, and good examples of things that can be grown in Alaska. I would return and recommend it to a friend.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEAUTIFUL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Definetly worth the time. They ask for a $5 donation. You can spend almost 2 hours exploring the place

Visited August 2012
Jacksonville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must Go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I loved going here. Then plants were beautiful and they had a wide variety of different species. It is a must to go here.

Visited July 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“married here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a wonderful place to visit. A variety of flowers, herbs, and wild plants to look at, most of them labeled. There are several little areas along the trail to explore. Had my wedding here in the circular area and I was happy with their accomodations for it.

2 Thank Raven6k
Chicago, Illinois
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“Great Garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a few hours to fill before leaving Anchorage and decided to go to the Botanical garden, it was a great idea. I have not seen such a nice garden in a long time and the nice thing about it is all the hiking you can do between the different gardens. It is well worth a couple hours of your time, be sure to make sure you are not missing any of the gardens, they are spread out.

Visited September 2012