“Fun Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

McGinley's Pub
Ranked #88 of 867 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Flower Mound, Texas
“Fun Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great variety of Beer - We had Smithwicks -
Belinda, the Bartender was GREAT! Very nice & friendly.
Wish we had more time to spend there!!!

Visited August 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“POT PIE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I'd almost buy a plane ticket to Anchorage just to have this pot pie again! I had 3 separate 2 week business trips out in the Alaskan villages (WAY out, like no running water). Upon return to Anchorage, this pot pie hit the spot! It's perfect. Too bad Atlanta to Anchorage is so far. Please go have a pot pie for me!

• Visited October 2011
Virginia
“Not bad, not excellent. Decent.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Service: good (not out of this world though). Food: Average or Good depending what you get.

We came in late evening, so they had to card us to get it. At this time, this is not where you want to go for a nice dinner with moderate level noise. It was very loud, not only the crown but the live music as well. At least the live musician was good (not excellent but good). I felt like I had to yell to talk to my husband sitting right next to me. However, it was a later time I do admit. I personally don't mind this on most occasions. However, there was no point in putting on the Olympics if there was live music.

Food was overall good, not excellent. My husband had the Shepherd's Pie. It was very soupy. So not good. I had the Corn beef with cabbage and potato pancakes. Loved my dish!

Alcohol: Guinness, great. Apple Martinia, great! At least they got the drinks solid! Many alchohol choices too. Kudos on that.

The place had more round "high bar" tables then regular tables.

Maybe our first impression was not great, but this wasn't any special. Overall, ok place. Alcohol was probably the best feature.

Visited August 2012
“Classic Irish Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Loved this place. Great atmosphere. I recommend the Alaska. Red Ale. We had the wings and chicken noodle soup. (I know, not Irish). Probably the best chicken noodle soup I've ever had.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Oregon
“Nice place for a drink and dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great beer selection and service. Had serveral items off the menu and all were good. Would go back. There was live music for the first hour we were there.

Visited June 2012