“Anchorages hostel no. 1”

Bent Prop Inn & Hostel of Alaska
Reviewed January 2, 2011

If you are looking for the best hostel in Anchorage you can stop looking, you have found it.
Bent prop inn is all you need and more. The staff if unbelievable friendly and helpful no matter what you want or when you want it.
I highly recommend Bent Prop Inn for everybody!
Next time I'm in town I will stay there again!
Hannes

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 25, 2010

At the Bent Prop Inn, the beds are comfortable, the showers are clean, the staff members are very helpful and they do all they can to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. This includes making sure guests treat each other with respect.

While I was there, I didn't have to worry about the security of my belongings because I had a lockable cabinet to store things in. Also, the front door is locked after 10pm with a keypad system.

The only way my time at the Bent Prop could have been more enjoyable is if their new wireless system had been more stable. Still, any free internet connection is better than expensive long-distance phone calls so I wasn't complaining about it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2010

That was really the best place we could start our journey in Alaska...People are incredible helpful and do everything they can to make you feel comfortable.I would have never expected such a service!!We had a great room with everything you could possibly need and John and Larry were a big help to get around in the first days...You can get everywhere in walking distance and you can be sure that you will feel home!!Thanks for the great time,we will come back for sure!!Amelie

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I have been there since 11/19/2010 to 11/26/2010. I stayed in semi-private appartment destined for three persons. The apartment consisted of a sleeping room with three beds,a bathroom and a kitchen studio. Three days I shared room with another tenant and the rest days I lived there alone. The kitchen studio had a lot of kitchen stuff (dishes, cofe machine, microwave, electric oven, big fringe ans so on), large tv-set, furniture. All was in good condition. Bathroom condition is not new, but acceptable and match the price. Nights were silent. The staff is amicable. They do not charge money for additional petty services. There are Walmart, Barnes&noble and other stores located in 500 meters from the inn. Shortcomings: not stable internet wifi connection, no locks to store personal things (but u can buy a lock in the nearby Walmart.. All costed me $125 a week + $10 shuttle to the airport. I should stay there for longer.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This is the best place you can stay in Alaska! Don't waste your time thinking about where you can go, when you can stay at the best location for affordable rates and in a safe and clean environment (also fun!)
The place is great for solo travellers as well as for groups. The manager and staff are always ready to help travellera and to make us feel at home (or even better than that). Thumbs up!!! I'd even give them toes up if I could! :)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2010

My stay at the Bent Prop Inn couldn't have been better. The place is nice, the cleanest ever, my room was very big with a living room, kitchen, tv, etc, and a real bargain for all I got there! The staff is incredibly helpful, people are more than friendly. Location is great - close to anything you may want or need to see or do in Anchorage. I wouldn't leave if I didn't have to! I left the place not only with friends, but also with a "new family".

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Bent Prop Inn was impressive, particular the very helpful managers. The rate, location, and room are the best we have stayed in Anchorage. The kitchen has everything you need. The bed just made you feel like home. We all enjoyed the nights we stayed and hope to visit again.

If you are budget traveler and need a warm place to stay, this is your choice!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends