Bent Prop Inn & Hostel of Alaska
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$134
$114
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$191
$238
$229
  • Restaurant
$189
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$219
Hotel Alyeska(Girdwood)(Great Value!)
$179
Hotels.com
$295
  • Pool
$139
All reviewsmidtown locationbunk bedsjohn forbesprivate apartmentpancake breakfastfull kitchenliving roomplace to stayhome away from homethe general managerlocation is greatwalmartairportalaskalaundryaccommodationsbear
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We traveled in the off season (winter) and basically shared an apartment with just one other person. John is really friendly and got everything set up nicely and quickly for us. There is off street parking too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I came here after an interesting stay at the nearby Qupqugiaq Inn. The difference is night and day. I'm staying here during my r and r from the slope and for all the amenities you can't beat the price. John and his wife are super friendly. There was even a massive Christmas feast prepared and the food was amazing. I'll most likely be staying here every month on my r&r.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The overwinter private room price is incredibly reasonable. For the price you basically get a small apartment complete with private bath & kitchen. The sleeping arrangements are bunk bed style but the staff works to ensure compatibility between roommates. During my time there (a month), I had the entire space to myself for several days. The rooms show some wear but are clean and functional. The staff are exceedingly helpful. Excellent central location in town. Good internet service. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Semi-private rooms are more expensive but have vastly better amenities and value.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Sorry for the delay in praise gentlemen. This place is excellent. I just wanted to escape the rigor of everyday life, and mission accomplished . The guys who run this place are ex-military, a professionalism reflected in their, promptness, courtesy, and an obvious sense of pride reflected in everything they do for you. I was there for Christmas and they provided a full, and I mean more than everyone there could eat, delicious meal. Thank you very much gents.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Having never stayed in a hostel before, I wasn't quite sure of what to expect but I definitely didn't think it'd be as clean as it was! The bathrooms especially. And very secure, a key was needed both for getting into the area where the rooms were and then again the individual rooms.

The girl at the front desk was very friendly and helpful when I asked for dinner suggestions and again when I asked for a cab the next morning. When I needed wifi at 4am and didn't want to interrupt my roommate, the common area provided a very cozy spot for lounging.

It wasn't too far a walk from the train station and within walking distance of enough places to dine or drink. I'd stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo