“This is a chance of a lifetime... better than excellent!”
Review of D-Day Battle Tours

D-Day Battle Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Rene van Oirschot, Monica Baan and Ellwood Von Siebold of D-Day Battle Tours will provide you with one of the most memorable Normandy D-Day tours. D-Day Battle Tours offers you a quality choice of World War Two D-Day tours with Normandy tours tailor made to match your time schedule and level of interest. D-Day Battle Tours is an established tour company located in the centre of Sainte Mere Eglise, Normandy. We aim to provide a battlefield tour experience which is informative, flexible and memorable for you and your group.
Reviewed July 30, 2010

If you want an absolutely fabulous historical experience - go see Ellwood!

Ellwood von Seibold is not just a tour guide, but a historian who makes history come alive. I wish I had had him for my first history class!

He knows every detail about the D-Day Invasion and presents in in a manner that all can understand.

While other guides simply dropped off their guests at the various historical spots, Ellwood walked with us along the beaches and explained everything - along with vintage pictures. Others were leaning over our shoulders to try to get the info we were getting!

We visited and did a one-day private tour in November of 2008 with three generations of family. We're now planning our 2012 trip and plan to do a two-day private tour with four generations of familly.

The tour was, by far, the highlight of our trip to Europe!

1  Thank GoodYellowLabs

Reviewed July 15, 2010

After my first tour with Ellwood, I knew that I had to bring my husband who is a WWII "expert" (in my humble opinion). He was in absolute heaven and only wished we'd had Ellwood all to ourselves to scour the depths of his bottomless well of information and knowledge regarding the Normandy invasion. There will probably be a third tour in my future since we now want to try one of Ellwood's 2 or 3 day tours. This tour is head and shoulders above anything else you will find out there and while his prices may be a bit more than the others, you will be so very glad you made the choice.

2  Thank Ellynjd
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We were near the end of a 4 week driving tour of Europe when we got to Sainte-Mere-Eglise and our pre-scheduled tour with Ellwood. We all had a wonderful day with him (we were able to join a private tour with another group of 4) touring the WWII sites, including his own home. He has been studying WWII for years and years and knows every detail there is. His anecdotal information (much of it from actual WWII D-Day survivors who have returned over the years) is incomparable--and he weaves in the facts with anecdotes, etc so that it really comes alive for you. The town of Sainte-Mere-Eglise was the site of the initial early morning raid of several thousand paratroopers and there is a lot of rich history there. Then you are able to visit Omaha and Utah beaches, the American cemetery, etc. You can also (if you hire him for a private tour) design your tour around other areas you might want to visit. Even my husband, who had no interest in WWII history (I was the one who had always wanted to do this tour) found it interesting. We would all highly recommend Ellwood and D-Day Battle Tours.

1  Thank pam49bellevue
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I found the tour very humbling. If you wish to learn a piece of history Ellwood's D-Day Tour would be the way to go. He was very engaging and showed us a piece of history that you would not find in any text book. If you have plans to be in the Normandy area do not miss this tour.

1  Thank TMGudek
Reviewed June 19, 2010

If you want a battlefield tour that is inspiring, informative and full of the anecdotes that make it a personal experience, then this is for you. Ellwood is passionate about the subject, and can make the momentous events of so many years ago live for you now, whatever your connection with what happened in Normandy in 1944. He is also alert to the interests and background of his guests, so it becomes a two-way process, which is all the more satisfying.

1  Thank Mike-Stepan