“Wonderful stay in the Petit Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Petit Hotel Marseillan
Ranked #1 of 9 Marseillan B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay in the Petit Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Having spent 5 idyllic days in Marseillans in the exceptional hospitable company of Birgit and Pieter I cannot over state their generousity of spirit. Their wonderful welcome was genuine and kept over the whole of the stay. To be recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank William R
Petit_Hotel_Me, Inhaber at Petit Hotel Marseillan, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
very glad that you've enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We loved Petit Hotel & Birgit. All of the other guests were repeat visitors - for good reason. Our room was spacious and comfortable and all of the other rooms we looked were also spacious. Birgit is just a beautiful lady - inside and out - and goes out of her way to make her guests comfortable. The south of France of just gorgeous and the people here were much friendlier than the people in Paris. Thank you Birgit for your wonderful hospitality.

Room Tip: every room is beautiful - but the top floor has balconies overlooking the deck and pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sandyhaig
Petit_Hotel_Me, Owner at Petit Hotel Marseillan, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
oh dear! I have been convinced that I did already thank you for your kind comments. Shame on me! I'm sure by now you are the most sought after fish chef in your friends group!!! Stay both well and hope one day your way crosses Marseillan again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Brigit and Peter were very helpful when it came to recommending places to visit, restaurants or directions. Used their bikes to get to the beach which was a scenic, easy route. Breakfast's were great. Market day (Tues) in Marseillan is a good time to be there. Sunday and Monday tend to be pretty quiet in the village although the marina resturants were open all the time.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Hughes2B
thank you very much for your kind comments - I do feel bad that I haven't responded earlier. Hope everything is well with you. Wish you peaceful christmas holidays and a happy new year!
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This is exactly "what the doctor ordered". Quiet, relaxing and so so comfortable. Everything has been well thought out and we were made to feel very welcome and very well cared for. Birgit and Peter were the consummate hosts with time to look after their guests. We really enjoyed our stay, did not do very much but sit by the pool in the warm sunshine. Definitely worth visiting and we look forward to returning some day soon.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MelanieStern
I do have to apologize to you as well that I did not respond right away to your great review. Thank you so much. All the best and hope to be able to host you again one day.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Well... I'm not sure where to start.

Having only left Petit Hotel less than three days ago, I find myself compelled to write this review. Why?

Because Birgit and Peter deserve all the praise I can give them as they take being hosts to a whole new level. On arriving you are greeted by a couple who complement each other brilliantly. Both warm, with a great sense of humour.

Petit Hotel is filled with vibrant colours stimulating the eye, the fresh herbs and citrus trees by the warm, clean blue swimming pool add to the sense of smell.

The fresh fruit salad, cheese, ham, pastries and might I add a pleasing choice of something warm ( an egg cooked as you like - she cooks a boiled egg to perfection) completes my taste senses.

Sense of sound...
Well "Yes no problem" is music to my ears when on holiday and something you will hear throughout your stay from Birgit and Peter.

Sense of touch...
Birgit arranged for my partner and I to have a holistic massage. This guy had the magic touch. It was so relaxing my partner fell asleep 5 times.

Not only does this complete the sense of touch but their wish to fulfil all your holiday wishes touched us so much.

They organised a surprise golf trip for my partner who is a golf lover. He played golf with a friend of theirs at a local golf club (the guy was so friendly he even shared his golf clubs with may partner!).

I myself have an allergy to dairy and gluten and they bought everything they could find from the supermarket, that was gluten or dairy free. This ranged from biscuits to corn pasta, which we cooked together by the pool.

Birgit is hugely intuitive and she managed to adapt your stay to suit your needs. Over our 11 day stay we watched guest all leave with smiles and nothing but praise most re-booking
'Same time next year please..just a bit longer.'

I could write more and more but I wouldn't like to spoil it for you should you decide to visit.

I would like to warn you, should you decide to visit this place you shall never be able to visit another place like this without comparing the hosts to Birgit and Peter. As for us, we are hooked and are already arranging our next visit to this wonderful place.

I was actually a little nervous about writing this review, as I know that I am not the only one to write such a glowing review and the more others know about this place the more exclusive it shall become. But credit is given when it is due and this couple deserve all of the credit.

Thank you Birgit and Peter...Until we meet again x

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sewe
Petit_Hotel_Me, Inhaber at Petit Hotel Marseillan, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Wow, we feel almost (!) embarrassed....we are the ones you have been very lucky to meet you two and we enjoyed every single minute we've spent with you amidst our other guests or just with you alone. We feel really very honoured by your review and are looking so much forward to host you again. Golf is already arranged as is the massage and Thai cooking...(found my green Thai curry paste the day after you've left - CONFUZIO should be my nickname) Thousand thanks, big hugs and see you very soon
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a wonderful place to spend a few days (we spent the first part of our honeymoon here) - the hotel is perfect, our room (Figuier) was lovely and very quiet. Breakfasts are great - you could easily last until the evening if you ate everything on offer! Birgit and Peter are kind, welcoming, interesting hosts, they make you feel very at home and nothing is too much trouble. This is just what a small hotel should be like and we hope to visit again before too long!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen D
Petit_Hotel_Me, Inhaber at Petit Hotel Marseillan, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Good evening, my dear honeymooners - thank you very much for your kind review. We both hope that you will come back again and we wish you happiness and success. Since one week it is very (!) hot and humid - so you did choose the perfect week. Wish you well .Fond regards, Birgit
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We discovered this hotel on google whilst searching for a two night stay in Marseillan Port and so glad we did !

It's an amazing place inside - our room was very modern, immaculate, quiet and comfortable. The house opens out at the back with two lovely large terraces and a fantastic warm swimming pool on the lower level. Birgit and Peter were so friendly and welcoming when we arrived and extremely helpful with any queries or advice needed. The colourful breakfast table set out on the sunny terrace in the morning looked amazing and Birgit even offered to cook us eggs of our choice to my husband's delight ! The welcoming pool is a must after a hot day on a sandy beach.

We would definitely return to the Petit Hotel now we have discovered this little gem, hopefully for a longer weekend next time.

Thanks Birgit & Peter and your lovely cat !

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tracey M
Petit_Hotel_Me, Inhaber at Petit Hotel Marseillan, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thousand thanks for your kind comment, We wish you a pleasant summer and are already looking forward to your next stay with us.Dearly hope it will be soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marseillan
Hotel Le Richmont
#1 of 18 in Sete
Cosy
Cosy
#4 of 9 in Marseillan

Been to Petit Hotel Marseillan? Share your experiences!