All reviews shampoo and conditioner within walking distance space needle unit couch
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I loved staying here. It was super close to everywhere I wanted to go. Walking distance to Pike Market, Aquarium, downtown, Space Needle, bars, restaurants and coffee shops. The apartment itself was super comfortable, spacious and well equipped. The rooftop is a real high lights -- the views are A+. You can live there or certainly spend some time watching sunset or reading a book. Enjoy!

Room tip: get a high floor!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2018

I have stayed at a couple of different Barsala locations. First experience was decent, 2nd one? not so much.

Overall the customer service is close to non-existent. Most, if not all, communication is done by automated response. Which is fine if everything goes according to plan. But if you need to make an adjustment or last minute request. Don't expect it to be easy to get a hold of a human-being.

The room for the 2nd stay felt thrown together at a moments notice. Modem and cables were hanging from the TV, just kinda sprawled out on the floor and it felt very empty to borderline bachelor pad vibes. A bed and a couch, which is all some need but overall the experience did not come close to what one might expect to be reflected at the cost that was paid.

Finally, the cancellation policy is not friendly to business travelers who's plans change at short notice. But just be sure to read their policies if you choose to book with Barsala/

I, however, will not be staying with them again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2018

I had a lovely room, I enjoyed the gym, and loved the view. The room was clean and very comfortable. Excellent communication. Appreciated dining recommendations. I travel often for work and will be trying this booking again.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2018

I experienced a rather disappointing stay at the Barsala Company's Convention Center Lux Suites. Right off the bat, you must understand a few things:
1) The "lux" term is loosely applied here.
2) It's more expensive than many lovely hotels in the area.
3) Barsala-owned units are not operated or maintained by the condo-building management itself, so Barsala's staff strongly discourages any interaction with the front desk, the management of the building, or the door staff. We are explicitly told if we have any questions to only contact Barsala's remote staff located in Seattle.

All interactions with Barsala are done via email, text & limited actual phone conversations - even in the event of a problem -- e.g. if your electronic key fob doesn't work. In that event, at 10 p.m. one night, I stood at the front door in the pouring rain, waiting to hear back from them to grant me remote access to the building. Fortunately, a guy coming out of the building held the door open to me and let me in. The guy at the front desk then asked what unit I lived in, to which I mumbled "3010" and then started slinking to the elevator. The front desk guy was very nice and warned me that "it's tough for some of the people staying in the Barsala units."

Then there's the unit I stayed in. Although quite spacious for a 1-bedroom, its decor is rather sterile. That's a personal opinion. The objective facts are that Barsala doesn't maintain the unit very well and does not treat guests very well:
1) HVAC filter was disgustingly dirty, actually thick with black soot. (I wondered why the fan seemed audibly to be laboring away, and almost went out to buy them a new filter.)
2) The TV needs replacing. It continually glitsched out and would lose signal, had poor audio, and seemed to only have a few channels. Even after following Barsala's elaborate instructions, the TV operated poorly. I even tried to sign in to my Netflix account, but I was relegated to watching anything on my laptop.
3) The appliances are quite dated and not cleaned very well.
4) We are supposed to clean all dishes and start the dishwasher before we leave.
5) There are a lot of instructions to follow during your stay about who can/cannot come to the unit with you. Barsala requests that you call to inform them of other people coming up to the unit.

All in all, for the same price and a lot more comfort and relaxation, I recommend you opt for an online special at the Kimpton Inns. I did that later that week and finally didn't feel like a criminal operating clandestinely for some shady company. Never again.

Room tip: You don't have any choice and you have no idea which unit they will put you in.
Date of stay: August 2017