“Good crepes, but overall not the best experience”

The Crepe Cafe & Wine Bar
Ranked #89 of 136 Dessert in Seattle
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Kirkland, Washington
“Good crepes, but overall not the best experience”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My mom and I went for the first time recently because we had a Groupon. We had read some positive reviews and were really looking forward to it. The restaurant is small. There are approx 9 tables and 4-5 places at the bar. Because the Groupon was expiring soon, the place was full 30 mins after we arrived (except for 2 tables that were waiting for reservations). Now I would assume the management at the restaurant would know this would happen and be prepared for it. They were not.

We ordered 2 crepes and a glass of wine. That was it. It took an over 45 minutes to get our food. They only had two people making crepes. When the table next to us got served, one of the crepes that came out was the wrong one. The guy at that point didn’t care because he was so hungry and had been waiting for so long.

We ordered the mushroom medley and the Westchester to split. The mushroom medley was our favorite. I would order that again. The Westchester was good but not great.

We put our order in for our dessert crepe early because we noticed everything was taking so long and didn’t want to wait another 45 mins for dessert. We ordered the special Peaches and Crème. It still took awhile to get it. The Peaches & Crème was just okay and could have been better. The peaches were not ripe and not cooked long enough. The peaches were cut lengthwise and probably should have been chopped up more so that more peaches could have been in the crepe. I would not order that again.

Overall our waitress was very nice. The crepe prices range from $13-18. It’s a little pricier than I would have expected for what we got. The food was good, not great. They do have ½ price bottles of wine on Tuesday, which seems like a great idea too. We did spend an hour and a half there and by the end we just wanted to leave. I’m not sure I will be back again.

• Visited October 2011

Seattle, Washington
“Enjoyabe”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

You may not agree, but after living, working, or visiting in all fifty states and over 80 counties, I know what I like. And I like the Crepe Cafe. True, you could argue that the prices could be a dollar or two less or a small side salad be added. And yes, there are times when this small restaurant becomes a bit crowded. However, for the most part, it is a delghtful restaurant with good food--and, yes, as the name implies, it serves primarily crepes. I like the European feel of the restaurant and consider that dollar or two, some consider excessive, as a payment for the ambience factor provided. My only complaint is that I wish that their background music was less contemporary and more mellow jazz or old French standards. I like crepes, and especially theirs. That is why I have enjoyed the food and service at the Crepe Cafe over twenty times. I highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2011
Seattle, USA
“Best crepes in Seattle”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I love this place! We've been there three or four times and have never been disappointed. The Mushroom Medley and Ritz Carlton are our favorites, and the caramelized banana dessert crepe with sweet cheese is amazing! It's a bit pricey for crepes, but I really think it's worth it. Also, it's a small place that's definitely best for dates or small parties.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Sockmo
Seattle, Washington
“Crepe and not much more”
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Crepe Cafe was not a bad experience but I have to say that the bill came to quite a bit and then when you look back-there was not much to it (and luckily we had a $25 coupon from Restaurant.com)-There was one waitress who actually did a very good job seating people, taking orders, serving and cashing out-and the 2 "boys" making the crepes looked like they were in high school-we never saw any other adults-the crepes were tasty but for $15 you would think that it would include a salad or at least a side dish-when you think about it-a crepe with some sauce and vegetables in it is a pretty simple dish. Some reviews say it is a romantic setting but honestly it is very crowded and a small place-we were at a table very close to the "bar" and the 5 folks crammed into there were practically on our lap. We each got a salad but for $8 again it was alot for the size of the dish.Not impressed.

Seattle
“$13.00 for a vegetarian crepe for lunch & that's it!”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I had lunch at this restaurant recently and was concerned about the price for a vegetarian crepe. I thought it would have been accompanied w/ some vegetables for this price but it was bare except for the crepe. We waited well over 30 minutes for the crepe which was O.K. . When I called to suggest adding a salad to the crepe for $13.00 or lowering the price of it to $7.00 - $8.00 dollars, the kitchen manager commented that I was calling in to complain. When I asked to talk to the owner, I was told she is never in. I think this is part of the problem.

I will not return to this establishment after feeling quite ripped off! You can decide if a crepe filled w/ vegetables is worth $13.00

1 Thank amandamaeSeattle

Been to The Crepe Cafe & Wine Bar? Share your experiences!