“Excellent food, good prices, very nice atmosphere”
Review of Ocho

Ocho
Ranked #1,250 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Ballard
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was a very pleasant surprise. First time I went with a friend on a Saturday and the place was packed so we had to sit by at the bar but still we were comfortable. The place has a very nice atmosphere, it feels like a neighborhood bar mixed with a real tapas place somewhere in Spain...It's a very inviting place and even the music was excellent!
Of all the tapas we had my least favorite was the "Gambas al ajillo" shrimp with garlic, they were ok but not excellent, maybe they could have used a little more flavor/spices.
We had "Setas al Jerez" mushrooms with sherry wine, they were amazing, very interesting mix of sweet with garlic and the flavor of the mushroom.
We also had "Patatas Bravas" potatoes served with aioli and spicy sauce, they were excellent, the aioli is outstanding and the spicy sauce is very good as well.
The "Pan tomat" bread served with tomato and cheese was also good, everything was fresh.
On a second visit we had a steak which was small but excellent, fried green tomatoes, they were not my favorite (a little flavorless), and we also had dates stuffed with cheese and wrapped with prosciutto, they had a very interesting flavor combination, the mix of the flavors is very exciting!
Service is great, everybody has a very good attitude and you don't have to wait too much for your food. I am planning to go back soon, excellent food and cozy atmosphere!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was looking for happy hour food on a jaunt through Ballard and found Ocho. The prices were decent and the atmosphere fun. Still seeing American modifications like hot tortilla and the alioli was embellished. However, I enjoyed the anchovies, dates, wine selection, and variation of prices. I sat at the bar, which allowed strangers to view the food and discuss it. Very friendly. The bartender was very attentive. I would love to come back.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Returning from the Crittendam Locks we tried to find someplace we could get into in this very in neighborhood. We both like to do tastes of things so small plates places are a favorite. Ocho was lively, jumping, a bit noisy and very tasty. We had mean margaritas and some yummy little plates. FUN!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

A neighborhood bar that made us feel like we were locals. Creative tapas that were soooo delicious that now I actually like Brussels sprouts. And you gotta try the Dealers Choice cocktail - just tell the bartender what booze you like and he'll invent a cocktail for you. My wife & I both asked for bourbon - he made two totally different, completely amazing drinks for us. We ordered two more and he made another pair of different bourbon concoctions.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

So this is what real Mexican food tastes like! Fresh and interesting flavors and great salsa bar. Worth waiting in line for.