“Yes, dim sum!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Huntsville
“Yes, dim sum!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have looked up places for dim sum and found that Jade Garden is one of the top rated. I came and the line was indeed long. I didn't exactly time it, but the wait time was about an hour for 2 people. BTW, you will wait less when you have a bigger group because most of the parties were 2-4 people.

After reading the previous reviews, let me point out a few things.
1) Dim Sum is authentic Cantonese style food.
2) Authentic Chinese restaurant runs a lot differently than Americans. Have you wondered why you have to wait for an hour at Olive Garden while there are plenty of empty tables? Chinese restaurant doesn't do that. They like to fill an empty table ASAP. Why? The faster they fill a table, the more money they can make. DUH! That is also why the staff (wait and bus staff) don't usually chit chat with you. They are busy serving everybody and make sure that the customers get what they want. However, they are also way overworked than the American counterpart.
3) This restaurant is very reasonably priced with the quality of food.

I have tried about 12 dishes and I have to say that the chives and shrimp dumpling is the best out of them. It is very tasty. As for the zha liang, the Chinese donut part was over fried. Overall, I am very satisfied with all the dishes.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Alaska
“Loved the food!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

After reading other reviews, my husband and I decided to venture forth and try the Dim Sum. We were new to dim sum, so the whole experience was unique. The outside of this restaurant almost deterred us, but we decided to go in - and we were SO glad we did! The service was good and fast. But the food is really what stood out. Every item we tried was excellent! (Our 4 year old approved as well.)
If we'd had enough time in the area, we would certainly have gone back - YUM!

• Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Above Average Dim Sum”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Got here on a Friday afternoon around 12:30pm and the place was packed but only had to wait about 15 minutes. The carts came around right away. I was a little disappointed by the amount of options. I seemed to see the same carts and the same items come around. The highlights for me were the baked pork bun and the pork ginger shumai. I thought everything was average to above average. I've had better dim sum in my life but I'd say this place was above average. I'd come back.

Visited June 2013
Tahoe City, California
“So-so Chinese Food in Seattle”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

On a recent visit to Seattle we wanted to visit Seattle's Chinatown and catch a meal before a Mariners game. The Hyatt Hotel concierge recommended the Jade Garden, his favorite.

The taxi easily found this restaurant. It appeared we were the only non-Chinese in the restaurant. I usually take that as an indication that the food is better than usual.

We ordered pot-stickers, almond chicken, Mongolian beef, and Beef pan-fried noodles. The pot stickers were excellent. Better than I've found in many Chinese restaurants in a variety of cities. The other dishes were really just so-so.

Service was initially very responsive but they seemed to forget us after a few more Chinese groups arrived.

If you want a passable Chinese meal that is rather authentic, this will likely meet your needs. I prefer something better.

Visited June 2013
Albany, Georgia
“FYI129192”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a great authenic Chinese restaurant great for dim sum and also try the chicken feet. Get there early for this is a busy place. The way the ladys push the carts around is unique and a fun way to get your choice of what to eat.

• Visited June 2013