“FINALLY, GREAT FOOD FOUND IN SEATTLE!”
Review of Pike Place Chowder

Pike Place Chowder
Ranked #9 of 4,245 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Seattle's Pike Place Chowder cafe opened in 2003, offering up award-winning New England Clam Chowder as its signature dish, and continuing to develop original recipes that have taken first-place in dozens of coast-to- coast competitions. A second chowder house, launched in 2007 in the Pacific Place Shopping Center, offers an expanded menu including fish ‘n chips, po’boys and premium beers. The business draws thousands of visitors from around the globe and is listed among the Top Ten Must-Visit Seattle Eateries in dozens of food-and- travel media.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our last day in Seattle, we were finally able to get to Pike Place Chowder and I had the Seared Scallop Chowder and my husband had the Traditional Chowder and both were excellent. Perfectly seasoned, not too thick and very hearty. We enjoyed this place more than any other. No comparison to chowder we tried at three other restaurants in Seattle. We went back for dinner to find it had just closed for the evening. We were really disappointed we didn't get another bowl because that was our last nite in Seattle. You must try this place, you won't regret doing so even if there is a line.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,255)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This place has a reputation for Chowder I was told. Being a vegetarian, I found myself tagging along my friend to go and check out. Turned out they had vegetarian stuff (good for them). Its a small and clearly popular restaurant which lived up to its name. Fast service to boot.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Only doing this review now because at the time of visit I thought maybe I would encounter another chowder / bisque that would top it. The answer is - NO! This place was the best, really hits the spot after a long day out in the rainy Seattle, and great little gem with bread or seafood.

I personally would return if ever in Seattle again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was one of the best chowders I had ever tasted. I would have to go back again. We got the chowder sampler. Where you get to choose any 4 of their chowders. Oh my their Great England Chowder was by far the best. Is a small little place and there is always a long lineup but service is very fast. Next time I go to Seattle, have to go there again!!!! If you haven't try here before I would highly recommend getting the chowder sampler. Is not small bowls either that you get. It was enough for the 2 of us. We were both so full.....

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Being from the midwest, it was so nice to be able to enjoy some fresh seafood chowder!!
I dined with my boyfriend, who does not care for seafood, so he ordered the southwestern chicken chowder. He must have enjoyed it because he finished every last bite (including most of the breadbowl)!
I am very happy that there is an option to get the chowder shipped. I will be ordering some to warm me up on a snowy winter day!

Tips: Get there right when they open-11am. At that time, the line wasn't as bad and there were still places to sit.
The place is a little difficult to find. It is located in an alley before the Pike Place market.