“Creamy!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Seattle's Pike Place Chowder cafe opened in 2003, offering up award-winning New England Clam Chowder as its signature dish, and continuing to develop original recipes that have taken first-place in dozens of coast-to- coast competitions. A second chowder house, launched in 2007 in the Pacific Place Shopping Center, offers an expanded menu including fish ‘n chips, po’boys and premium beers. The business draws thousands of visitors from around the globe and is listed among the Top Ten Must-Visit Seattle Eateries in dozens of food-and- travel media.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We are from New England and LOVED this chowder - the traditional clam and the salmon are the best! It is a great place for lunch - the line is always long for a reason - it is the best!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

OK, there have a variety of chowders (My fmaily taste-tested several), but the New England was the best.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Everytime we're in Seattle, we make it a point to have lunch there. Great clam chowder. Since it is cafeteria style, the lines are long and the seating scarce, but well worth it after playing tourist at Pikes Market.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The location was great just in front of Pike Place Mkt down a small alley. The chowder was good.i got the clam chowder, my husband had seafood bisque and my kids got the chicken corn chowder all in bread bowls. They have free water on the bar, extra bread which we didn't notice until we were leaving, and free oyster crackers. With the alley location and street music location it was a great little lunch.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I ate here while in Seattle overnight. On TripAdvisor the restaurant was highly rated. My friend and I had the clam chowder and a shrimp roll. I found the food very good but not as good as I had expected. The service however was very quick.