“Yep - It is really good!”
Review of Pike Place Chowder

Pike Place Chowder
Ranked #10 of 4,132 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Seattle's Pike Place Chowder cafe opened in 2003, offering up award-winning New England Clam Chowder as its signature dish, and continuing to develop original recipes that have taken first-place in dozens of coast-to- coast competitions. A second chowder house, launched in 2007 in the Pacific Place Shopping Center, offers an expanded menu including fish ‘n chips, po’boys and premium beers. The business draws thousands of visitors from around the globe and is listed among the Top Ten Must-Visit Seattle Eateries in dozens of food-and- travel media.
Minneapolis, MN
“Yep - It is really good!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had read about this place on trip advsier, so we went there for lunch and the clam chowder is as good as everyone says it is!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Kimf

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Overstated! ”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I am in Seattle with my family for Summer holiday. We came all the way here to try out Pike Place Chowder base on Trip Advisor's ranking. I mean it's a nice chowder place but a bit overstated when you claimed the best in USA! I have had better chowder at many many other places! Try for yourself and you will know what oli meant!

4 Thank Chuan T
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Amazing seafood the locals approve of.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Went to pike chowder over this last weekend and had a great meal. I had the seafood bisque and dungeness crab roll. They were both very very good and the protions are large. The roll had more crab in it than any place in market combined it seemed. Way better than Elliots on pier 56.
The food can seem little pricey BUT you get a lot of it and it is good.
The other thing that stood out was fact that there were a lot of locals in line for food. Usually in heavy tourist spots they avoid it at all cost. Not here...they grin and bare it to get such good food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank aztocali
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best clam chowder!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We found two people already in line by 10:30 a.m. The place opens at 11. It's worth the wait. The clam chowder was hot, creamy and so good! We also tried the southwest chowder - my son really liked it. The scallop chowder was good but not good as the clam chowder. There are a lot of clams in the clam chowder. I liked it better than the chowder at Ivar's, which I found too creamy. Get the chowder in the bread bowl. The soup soaks into the bread. Making me hungry just thinking about it again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank milehimom2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Not great, but fast”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped here since the line was long, we saw that as a good sign. While it was cheaper than some other places around Pike's market, it really wasn't great. We ordered a shrimp cocktail which looks huge, but it's full of celery underneath the layer of shrimp. Cocktail sauce was flavorless. The oysters were the biggest disappointment, I didn't even eat the second one. We did order the garlic fries, which were fabulous, if not a little too greasy. I wouldn't come here again unless I just stopped for the fries.

• Visited July 2013