“Good, warm chowder”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Seattle's Pike Place Chowder cafe opened in 2003, offering up award-winning New England Clam Chowder as its signature dish, and continuing to develop original recipes that have taken first-place in dozens of coast-to- coast competitions. A second chowder house, launched in 2007 in the Pacific Place Shopping Center, offers an expanded menu including fish ‘n chips, po’boys and premium beers. The business draws thousands of visitors from around the globe and is listed among the Top Ten Must-Visit Seattle Eateries in dozens of food-and- travel media.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very good and hot chowder that tasted like heaven in a cold rainy day in Seattle. I went there twice in my short stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,294)

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

It actually rained all three days we were here, you are jammed in but WOW, perfect soup for the soul, smoked salmon chowder and seafood bisque and seared scallop bisque. Pure yum factor of ten. Great prices, just really great

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Perfect clam chowder every time ( and we are going there at least once a week). Could be crowded during lunch time, but there are tables outside which is generally available.

1  Thank Elena T
Reviewed January 7, 2013

It was a stop on our food tour and we had to go back for more. We tasted the award winning lam chowder. It was nice but we are no huge clam fans. I had sampled the seafood bisque and new I needed a owl. Yum yum. $5 for a bowl with bread was the best deal all day. My husband is a salmon freak and loved the salmon chowder. We may need to go back again this week while we are here. They will ship to your house :)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

When you visit Pike Place market, you HAVE to eat at Pike Place Chowder...you just have to! My husband and I ordered the smoked salmon chowder (our friend came too, he went to the pizza place next door...). The chowder was unbelievably delicious! I could eat a bucket of that stuff! It was creamy and it had pieces of bacon in it too. We also got a side of bread, which we dunked into the chowder, of course. It was just wonderful! The staff was friendly, and it was busy but we did not wait long for our food at all. The prices are good too!