“Was thinking I was in Indonesia during dinner!”
Review of Julia's Indonesian Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Julia's Indonesian Kitchen
Cuisines: Indonesian
“Was thinking I was in Indonesia during dinner!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were treated to a great dinner in a great atmosphere. Management seems to have changed but Joko's kitchen stands true to Indonesian cuisine.

Seattle
“Now Joko's Indonesian kitchen”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I've been a half dozen times, under the old owners (Julia's) and the new owners (Joko's). A lovely cozy room, attentive service, good food.

• Visited November 2011
Seattle, WA
“A great new "find" in town”
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Last night a friend and I went to Julia's Indonesian Kitchen. We love to try new places, especially international food. While an Indonesian cafe in my north Seattle neighborhood is heavy on the fried food, this one really had a variety of food on its menu. We both got the most expensive item on the menu ($13.95), the "rice table" (translation from the Dutch). We had 4 basic dishes (corn fritter--the only fried item-- ) plus 2 more to choose from. She chose a beef curry dish and tofu cooked in a grape leaf. I chose vegetarian including the grape leaf and a Collard dish. Four of the 6 dishes were delicious. The tofu was just OK...spicy but lacking other tastes. The collard dish was amazing--in thin slices so it was easier to chew, with a variety of tastes including a mild peanut sauce. My friend also had the avocado drink for her "dessert". It came with a swirl of chocolate--innovating but I think I would prefer it without. Next time I will get the mini-rice table ($7.95)as there was just too much food for me.

The prices were very reasonable. The place is family run. Service is adequate...very down to earth. And the hours are more than what was mentioned on other websites: Closed Mondays, Tuesday and Wed. until 4 and Thursday through Sunday until 9 p.m. I am glad that I called or we would have missed this delightful place. The restaurant is a minute or two from the Ravenna/NE 65th exit (coming from the south) or NE 71st/65th exit (coming from the North) of I-5.

1 Thank tanners47
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Had sop buntut (oxtail soup) for dinner this evening. It was gooooood!”
Reviewed January 31, 2009

Had sop buntut (oxtail soup) for dinner this evening. It was gooooood!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Jakarta, Indonesia
“got to love the 'ayam kremes'”
Reviewed July 2, 2008

got to love the 'ayam kremes'