“A Pike Market Must!”

Neighborhood: Pike Place Market
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“A Pike Market Must!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Being a cheese lover, I did not think I could eat cheese again after watching how it's made. Wrong! This small venue cranks out cheesey goodies. Only a handful of seats at the glass wall where you can watch employees perform their craft. The grilled cheese sandwich was a yummy delight, and if mac and cheese is your comfort food, you have to stop at Beechers.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
“Superb!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

There is something about eating mac and cheese while watching them actually make the cheese. I am not sure if this is what made the mac and cheese some of the best I have ever had or not, but it’s at the top. This little restaurant/store is in Seattle’s Pike Place Market which is where we had just come from. The big tub of cheese being made in the front window was enough to draw us in and we weren’t disappointed. The Mac and Cheese was excellent (we had the “World’s Best”) and the “Dungeness Crab and Flagship” sandwich was also very good. This is a great place to buy cheese with a very knowledgeable and friendly staff to help you ick out that special cheese to go with that special wine.

• Visited August 2013
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Overall a Great Sandwich”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I enjoyed a great "grown up grilled cheese" (as I call it). It was priced right and hit the spot. I wish I could have gotten some cheese to take home with me, but it wouldn't have worked. I enjoyed watching the folks make the cheese, but wish there was more seating.

Los Gatos
“Yummy Grilled Cheese”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you are tired and just want something to take back to the room get a grilled cheese sandwich or some of their mac & cheese. Or buy cheese and get fruit at the Market and have a feast.

Visited September 2013
lawyerdaggett
“OK Mac but mine is better”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The macaroni & cheese is decent, but I expected more after reading all the rave reviews. It's not bad but I frankly think it is overrated and overpriced. A 16-oz container to go was about $8 or $9, if memory serves me correctly. The cheese curds Beecher's also sells are creamy and pleasant enough, but a little too salty for my taste. Watching the cheese-making process was interesting but did not make up for a somewhat disappointing culinary experience. Sorry guys but I found this establishment to be only slightly above average.