“Modest but zesty dining room, tasty Mexican food, sumptuous music.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mr Villa

Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sarasota, Florida
“Modest but zesty dining room, tasty Mexican food, sumptuous music.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

For all the drivers on Lake City Way, who notice Mr Villla's as they are zipping by and are thinking about giving this place a try, it is worth a stop. The Mexican food scene in Seattle is bizarrely upside down, with most of the best food coming out of trucks and shacks. There are too many local mini-chain empires serving bland, uninteresting food. Mr Villas is a tall step above the typical restaurants here and a different sort of Mexican food than you'll likely find at the food trucks. Their menu is a nice selection of authentic Mexican items. I recently ordered the Ahogada (chicken) and the waitress actually asked me how spicy I wanted it! Being from California, I stated "Very spicy" and what I received was unlike any other Mexican food I've been served in a restaurant here: it was truly deeply richly spicy, with a liberal helping of sauce. Heavenly! It came with ample separate bowls of guacamole and beans. A feast!
This was a Monday evening, so we were treated to some fantastic live Music while eating. As it turns out, they have music - different groups - performing Monday and Wednesday evenings, from 7 till closing. The ambiance felt different:a neat blend of old school Mexican restaurant (think old California or Arizona hole-in-the-wall), an little Northwest contemporary, with a bit of Bohemian thrown in - but maybe that was the great music. Do stop by and try this place.

• Visited May 2012

Mill Creek, Washington
“Lacks flavor & friendliness.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

I went for dinner and we were the only table. I tried to be friendly and talk w the server but she did not seem interested. Only time I saw her was when she took the order dropped off the food and then check.

Seattle
“Caution: NOTHING is vegetarian.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I recently went into this highly rated local Mexican joint with high hopes but had to leave after I was informed that nothing on the menu is meat-free. The rice contains chicken stock. All the corn products, from the homemade tortillas to the tortilla chips to the tamale coating contain lard. In the twenty first century there is no excuse for not offering lard free alternatives for those of us who do not eat meat.

• Visited October 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Great food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Great chips and salsa, delicious mole enchiladas, and very friendly service.

My friend and I shared a lunch special, and were happily presented with the food divided on two plates. We got the mole enchiladas with cheese, the white, crumbly Mexican kind, and they were delicious. The view is of Lake City Way, and there's no outdoor seating,but who cares. I will definitely eat there again, maybe on a Monday or Wednesday evening when they have live music!

• Visited July 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Only in Seattle would I consider this...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

Only in Seattle would I consider this pretty good Mexican food.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Mr Villa? Share your experiences!