“Great food doesn't overcome poor service”
Review of Jimmy's on First

Jimmy's on First
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's on First is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 4,137 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Pioneer Square
Cross street: 1st Avenue South & South Royal Brougham Way
Transit: There are many King County Metro Transit stops within a short walk to Jimmy"s On First. These locations include: 4th Ave S & S Royal Brougham 1st Ave S & S Jackson St 6th Ave S & S Atlantic St SODO Busway & S Royal Brougham Stadium Station (Link Light Rail Train) - one block from Jimmy's On First
Description: Jimmy's On First is a upscale, causal restaurant and bar in the middle of all the action. On game days, Jimmy's is the place to be. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and happy hour, the menu has something for everyone! Premium spirits, regional wines and local microbrews are served!
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food doesn't overcome poor service”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've been to Jimmy's a dozen times for pregame meals and drinks in the past year. I have always found the food to be excellent. The service was okay and I always chalked it up to being very busy due to game day crowds. My most recent experience was over the top. First of all I was "greeted" by the hostess who had her face buried in the seating chart with a hand in my face as if to say "don't even think about talking to me. " When she finally looked up the first words out of her mouth were, "we are very shorthanded today, do you still want to wait for a table"? I felt so welcomed. We were seated and it took 20 minutes before the waitress came to our table to deliver the menus. Another 20 minutes went by before she came back to get our order. I asked if we could get our drinks right away since we had already been sitting there 40 minutes. She said she would "work on it." Waitress came back 15 minutes later to ask for our order again. She was shocked to learn she already had it. Again I asked for our drinks. 10 minutes later my wife's drink was delivered, I again asked if I could get mine. Was again told she was "working on it." 10 minutes later my wife's food was delivered. The waitress rushed off before I could inquire where my food and drink was. Another 10 minutes the waitress checks back and asks how everything is. I point to my wife as say she is fine, me not so much. She looked puzzled and again asked what I ordered. I gave her my order for the third time and again asked if I could get me drink now. 10 minutes later my food shows up but no drink. I finally went to the bar and the bartender was very gracious and gave me a beer on the house. Nice gesture but not enough to save the day. To complete the experience I had to ask for the check 3 times. With all of the other options in the stadium district, we will not be back.

• Visited April 2013
seattlehotelguy, Manager at Jimmy's on First, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We take each guest experience very seriously. Because of your comments, we have addressed the service issues and retrained our personnel so that this does not occur again. I am glad that you and your party enjoy our food, and it is our hopes that you will be back to allow us to show you our top notch service. Thanks again. We hope to see you back real soon.

• Indonesian first
Santa Barbara, California
“Great Experiences”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner last night and breakfast this morning here. Good selection of wines and beers, food was pretty darned good...and there is a lot of it! Typically restaurants offer more than one serving for a meal, and Jimmy's was no exception. This morning we shared the main breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes) and still had leftovers.

Visited April 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Yummy”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great food, great service. Will definitely eat here again. It is in the Silver Cloud Satdium hotel, right across the street from the baseball stadium.

Visited December 2012
Post Falls, Idaho
“Best Pancakes!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Jimmy's was the only act in town for us staying at the Silver Cloud Hotel and we ate breakfast there eight times. Drinks are okay, dinner good, pancakes FABULOUS but aren't served on Sundays which is a shame. Good servers!

Visited February 2013
Covington, Washington
“Quality food”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The food is good and the service was good but the food was not worth the price in my opinion. Parking can be hard to find but nothing new for downtown

• Visited July 2012