“Hit and Miss”
Review of Remedy Teas

Remedy Teas
Ranked #138 of 274 Coffee & Tea in Seattle
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Description: We are an urban tea house serving up over 100 organic tea options with a contemporary feel. Light foods and bakery items are available to complement your awesome tea experience.
Seattle, Washington
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I absolutely love that all the teas are organic, the Earl la Creme tea is a must-try, the food is very good, and the gluten-free pastry selection is fabulous. Sometimes the teas taste a little bitter and oversteeped despite the fact that they are served with timers, so it makes me wonder if the water temperature is off. Unfortunately the service can occasionally be a bit hipster and stand-offish, but at times it is very good. Sometimes it is very crowded and noisy (it is a major urban area after all) and other times it is very quiet and conducive to doing work with the Wifi connection. It is worth a visit.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank GeorgiaJael

Seattle, Washington
“Chinese vegetarian food”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

For vegetarians, this restaurant is very good. The food is of the "imitation meat" style. It is also a friendly place and offers good value.

• Visited November 2011
Lennox Head, Australia
“Interesting range of teas”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Interesting range of teas in an atmospheric place. Food is available and looks interesting but I didn't try it.

Visited December 2011
San Diego, California
“After the profit”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I am a student, studying nearly every day, and I don't drink coffee, but I love tea. I live in Capitol Hill and thought I hit the jackpot when I found Remedy Teas. Lots of teas to choose from, good sandwiches and snacks. I thought this place would be my new home for studying.

Until I realized they only allow ONE refill on your pot of tea. They claim it is their policy to preserve the quality of the tea, but after a few visits I realized it's also a money making scheme to get you out and the next customer in. Yes, I admit I am not a purist and don't need new tea leaves every single steep, but I am also a student and don't have money to be constantly buying a new $5 pot of tea. I thought maybe my complaint was unfounded until I realized that nearly everywhere offers free refills on drip coffee.

Sad to say, Remedy Teas seems to have no interest in building relationships with those of us whose wallets are a little tighter.

Too bad.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank tkfirefly
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great soup. Buddhist Vegetarian.”
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Great soup. Buddhist Vegetarian.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Remedy Teas? Share your experiences!