“Great little pub”

Cuisines: German
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We go here everytime we are in Seattle. Great little German pub. I would agree with posts here that although it is not true german food, it is quite good. We also go for happy hour (3pm-6pm) and order mutliple appetizers to share. (Dumplings, potato pancakes, fried pickles, pretzel). They do also have good dinner options (pork hock; schnitzel). They have a good beer selection on tap served in the correct glasses (Prices range $4.00 for .3L to $5.75 .5L). They also have some beers in bottle (Ayinger). If you are in the mood for German, this is a great place to go.

1  Thank d1289

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Contrary to some reviews, I can attest to the authenticity of some of the Feierabend dishes, particularly the Schweinshaxn, the Jagerschnitzel, and the Spätzle. All are ample servings. While we can discuss shortcomings (sometimes slow service and a Wienerschnitzel that's way too dry), that doesn't take away the atmosphere, the excellent beer selection (incl. Köstritzer Schwarzbier!) and the generally lively companionship sharing tables. Yes, there is no German music. It's a rocker's ballroom, not a Lederhosen Bar. But I take my friends there to enjoy the food and ambiance. The owner strives for authenticity at all his establishments, and the prices are not high at all. .

Having grown up in a town full of taverns in Austria, and knowing my German food from home cooking and frequent visits home, I can just about guarantee that you will enjoy this (and it's the only truly German place in Seattle, so why wouldn't you)? Prost!

2  Thank Matrose
Reviewed April 2, 2010

After reading all these reviews, I went there. I was excited and was looking forward to some authentic German food that I enjoyed in Germany. A German food it’s not, but it is a German wannabe. Their brats are too bland and it was nothing like real German food that I ate with the locals. I ordered some food to go for my staff members and they too did not care for it. It was a big disappointment. I guess, after drinking some beer, everything must taste goo.

Reviewed April 28, 2009

I have been twice. The first time a lunch took 1 hr and 45 mins and we sat for 30 of them unnoticed. The waitress was beyond rude. I complained in writing and was given a $25 gift card by Chris Navarra. We went to use it tonight and sat for 20 minutes unnoticed by staff. We went to complain and they were rude, so we just asked for the money from the card. Their German food is good and so is the beer, but the service is terrible and is mostly the result of being understaffed, but they are rude also. Chris - it's not that hard to run a restaurant right. You've got a cute place that could be successful, but it won't last long or make money this way. Too terrible for me to return. I will warn everyone I know.

1  Thank jovanna88
Reviewed November 22, 2008

Great pub atmosphere.

Been to Feierabend? Share your experiences!