“"May I have a stack of napkins with that sandwich pls!"”
Review of Tat's Deli

Tat's Deli
Ranked #6 of 285 Quick Bites in Seattle
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Pioneer Square
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Had the Tatstrami hot sandwich and it was great! Good flavor, lots of cheese and the cold law with Russian dressing makes it a winner. The 8" inch is plenty to fill you. If you are worried about getting messy don't order this. You fingers and lips will need napkins so get plenty! Worth finding this place. Lunch at 12 noon had a line to the front door but they were quick. Great place. Good value and not for those on a diet unless it is your "free" day on calorie counting!

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed June 23, 2016

We visited TaT’s Delicatessen on Yelser Way by accident after being on a tour. As we were walking back to our hotel we saw their Deli sign and a line outside which are a sure sign of a place worth trying and “Boy!” are we glad that we did. We are East Coasters and love good Deli’s which are getting harder to find these days. We got their menu and I stood in line while my partner got a place to sit down for the two of us as there is high demand for seating during lunch time. Bye the way they serve both Breakfast and Lunch and close around 3PM so they are not a dinner place. I am sure at the pace the kitchen crew works at they are exhausted after serving two meals as they are really busy with both eat in and take out orders. We were so impressed with our first visit we returned later in the week before we went back home and had lunch there again so I am going to discuss both day’s lunch dishes so there is no confusion. The first time we went we ordered the Turkey TaT’strami which is Turkey Pastrami with Cole Slaw Swiss Cheese and Russian dressing. We ordered it on their Rye as it would normally come on a half or full sub roll. It was superb, in fact the best I have ever had. We also ordered half of one of the “In House Roast Beef” that comes on a sub roll with Cheddar Cheese. It was Very good but we were overwhelmed by the Tukey Pastrami and could not give the other sandwich a fair rating. The second visit we ordered their New Yorker which is a combination of Roast Beef and real Pastrami on Rye with Swiss cheese with Mustard and added Cole Slaw. It was very good as well but we regretted we did not order it with the Russian dressing we had had on the Turkey sandwich as it mixed so well with their great Cole Slaw it gave a unique taste. We also ordered a Kosher Hot Dog on a Bun with Saur Kraut and mustard and it was one of the best I ever had as well. The place is set up for fast food processing. There is no table service so get a menu as you come in the door, and stand in line until you can give your order at the cash register. They will give you a ticket with a number on it once you order and pay and you move on to the left to the pick-up area and wait for you sandwiches to be prepared. Note! I saw many people with Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches and they looked very satisfied. We did not try their Fries but we got their prepackaged Potato chips both times and they were fine. This place does not get a lot of attention from non-natives of Seattle so it is a so called “Hidden Gem” to those of us that love a great Deli. Give it a try and be prepared for large crowds from around 11:30 until 1 PM. You won’t go away hungry and you will be very glad you tried it.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Speck411
Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

We both had the cheesesteak it was like being back on the coast. These people know how to put it together and make it melt in your mouth. Can't wait to explore the rest of the menu.

Reviewed May 23, 2016

On our recent trip to Seattle we hit this place twice. Once on Friday and once on Saturday. We had the same thing both times…the Tat’strami sub. 12” is enough for myself and my wife (I get ¾ of it.) This is a Must Do Place for me in Seattle. My recent trip re-enforced that. Very casual, I found the employees to be nice and more patient then I expected (busy sandwich places have a history of short tempered servers.) Self bussed table – no tipping at table. The fries are fresh cut, but pretty heavy / soggy. They also give out Free Tats stickers.

Reviewed May 16, 2016 via mobile

Had to get lunch while at a hospital up the road. Bit of a hike but worth it. Mary and I split a hot Italian sub which I liked but she thought a bit on the soggy side. Would love to try the pastrami. Jumbalya was ok not the best.