“Home away from Home”

Ranked #14 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We recently traveled to Seattle to visit our son and his fiancee. I selected the Chambered Nautilus from a list of pet friendly B&Bs in the area and I'm so happy I did! We truly had a great experience from the minute we arrived.
Our suite (#4) which is really just like a little house, was perfect for accommodating us and providing our family with a little home to comfortably visit with each other. The Inn is in a quiet neighborhood, yet centrally located in the University District. We walked to a beautiful park (Ravenna) and had easy access to Capitol Hill, Downtown Seattle, Lake Washington, etc.
Joyce, the Innkeeper and her staff couldn't have been friendlier or more hospitable providing us (and our two guests on very short notice) with breakfast. Our suite had 2 separate bedrooms and a kitchen/dining area and a living room and was impeccably clean and very comfortable and we felt very much at home right away. With family in Seattle, we'll definitely be staying at the Chambered Nautilus again soon!

Room Tip: The annex which is separate from the main house is perfect for a family and or travelers with pets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the Chambered Nautilus while vacationing in the Pacific Northwest, and I was delighted with the entire experience. Both rooms that I stayed in were beautifully decorated, extremely comfortable, and spotlessly clean. There is an endless supply of homemade cookies, coffee, tea, and fruit, a cozy living room with a fireplace, a jolly diningroom where you can meet your fellow innmates at breakfast, and a bright sunroom/porch where you can have breakfast if you want to eat in solitude. Joyce and her staff pay close attention to detail, and there are wonderful little surprises throughout the house and the stay. Breakfast is fantastic. Campus is within leisurely walking distance. The bedsheets are expertly ironed.

Stay here. You'll be delighted!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife picks out our B&B's as she is always looking for the older homes - Victoria, etc.
This place meet our expectations.

The bed was not comfortable, but we can look past that as we enjoyed our stay. The home was beautiful and the hosts were professional and friendly. We had a good breakfast before departing. Not all B&B's still serve breakfast so it is great to find a place that continues this tradition.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ChamberedNautilus, Owner at Chambered Nautilus Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
As the first B in our name is Bed I am sorry that the bed was not to your liking. We try and strike the balance between not too soft and not too firm, and do replace mattresses often, so we do apologize for not hitting the mark with you on the Bed part of our name. Sounds like we did score well on the Breakfast aspect. We do love our food here and enjoy preparing a full tasty breakfast for our guests each morning. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciated the feedback.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was in Seattle on business and stayed at this wonderful B&B. the breakfast was amazing, especially the waffles. The environment and super friendly staff made it feel like home. The rooms are quiet and cozy. Wonderful experience!! I paid no more here than a hotel, but was treated like family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The service was fantastic and the breakfast was superb. Our room was almost extraordinarily comfortable, in comparison to all the other hotels and B&B's I have stayed in. The location left a little to be desired as it was pretty far from the central University District area, and the parking was terrible, but that is to be expected in a major city.

Overall, I highly recommend this place because of its unparalleled level of comfort and superior service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank prmallon
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just returned from a month long stay at the Chambered Nautilus Bed and Breakfast Inn. I was in the Greenlake Suite. The suite was very clean; had a dining area, full kitchen and also a queen size sofa bed. The bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to get up in the morning :). The kitchen was fully stocked with all the utensils and pots that I needed to cook with. Free wi-fi was awesome. Also had 24/7 access to the main house which was stocked with freshly made cookies, fruits, coffee and tea. There was also a computer with printer to use. I also had use of the laundry facility.

Joyce and her staff was super friendly and gave me ideas on where to visit. I was given a morning's breakfast but I was not able to get up early (because of the super comfy bed) during the whole month to use it.

We were given a street parking pass and never had a problem finding parking space at anytime of the day. The B&B is on a hill and there are steps but my mom, who is in her 70's didn't have a problem at all climbing. The area is very safe and within minutes walk to UW campus, which was a huge plus for me. I felt very much at home staying at Chambered Nautilus B&B.

I will be back in late May and I hope Joyce has a suite available for me :)

Thanks again Joyce and staff! Aloha!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday as we were in town visiting her family. I can honestly say that I've never had such a comfortable B&B stay before! You really are made to feel at home from the moment you step in through the door till the moment you leave! Joyce and the team are wonderful hosts, every single detail is taken care of (from making sure that there's a parking space available if you need it, to ensuring if you have any dietary restrictions). The breakfast are a stuff of legend - each day is a different gourmet treat (the quiches are especially good), and all served with delicious Seattle coffee.
We stayed in the Ravenna suite, which was perfect for our needs. It was warm and cosy, the bed was comfortable, and we slept soundly as there's barely any street noise. The suites also benefit from their own entrance off of the street, so you don't need to walk up and past the house every time you come and go. Everything about our stay at Chambered Nautilus was wonderful, and we will definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple