“As Expected”

Ranked #13 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Washington
“As Expected”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife picks out our B&B's as she is always looking for the older homes - Victoria, etc.
This place meet our expectations.

The bed was not comfortable, but we can look past that as we enjoyed our stay. The home was beautiful and the hosts were professional and friendly. We had a good breakfast before departing. Not all B&B's still serve breakfast so it is great to find a place that continues this tradition.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ChamberedNautilus, Owner at Chambered Nautilus Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
As the first B in our name is Bed I am sorry that the bed was not to your liking. We try and strike the balance between not too soft and not too firm, and do replace mattresses often, so we do apologize for not hitting the mark with you on the Bed part of our name. Sounds like we did score well on the Breakfast aspect. We do love our food here and enjoy preparing a full tasty breakfast for our guests each morning. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciated the feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was in Seattle on business and stayed at this wonderful B&B. the breakfast was amazing, especially the waffles. The environment and super friendly staff made it feel like home. The rooms are quiet and cozy. Wonderful experience!! I paid no more here than a hotel, but was treated like family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The service was fantastic and the breakfast was superb. Our room was almost extraordinarily comfortable, in comparison to all the other hotels and B&B's I have stayed in. The location left a little to be desired as it was pretty far from the central University District area, and the parking was terrible, but that is to be expected in a major city.

Overall, I highly recommend this place because of its unparalleled level of comfort and superior service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank prmallon
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just returned from a month long stay at the Chambered Nautilus Bed and Breakfast Inn. I was in the Greenlake Suite. The suite was very clean; had a dining area, full kitchen and also a queen size sofa bed. The bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to get up in the morning :). The kitchen was fully stocked with all the utensils and pots that I needed to cook with. Free wi-fi was awesome. Also had 24/7 access to the main house which was stocked with freshly made cookies, fruits, coffee and tea. There was also a computer with printer to use. I also had use of the laundry facility.

Joyce and her staff was super friendly and gave me ideas on where to visit. I was given a morning's breakfast but I was not able to get up early (because of the super comfy bed) during the whole month to use it.

We were given a street parking pass and never had a problem finding parking space at anytime of the day. The B&B is on a hill and there are steps but my mom, who is in her 70's didn't have a problem at all climbing. The area is very safe and within minutes walk to UW campus, which was a huge plus for me. I felt very much at home staying at Chambered Nautilus B&B.

I will be back in late May and I hope Joyce has a suite available for me :)

Thanks again Joyce and staff! Aloha!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday as we were in town visiting her family. I can honestly say that I've never had such a comfortable B&B stay before! You really are made to feel at home from the moment you step in through the door till the moment you leave! Joyce and the team are wonderful hosts, every single detail is taken care of (from making sure that there's a parking space available if you need it, to ensuring if you have any dietary restrictions). The breakfast are a stuff of legend - each day is a different gourmet treat (the quiches are especially good), and all served with delicious Seattle coffee.
We stayed in the Ravenna suite, which was perfect for our needs. It was warm and cosy, the bed was comfortable, and we slept soundly as there's barely any street noise. The suites also benefit from their own entrance off of the street, so you don't need to walk up and past the house every time you come and go. Everything about our stay at Chambered Nautilus was wonderful, and we will definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gibsons
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This B&B is a great place to stay. I found the staff very helpful for all my needs. I drove and didn't have a problem parking every night I stayed because they gave me a parking pass to use while I stayed. I stayed in the Ravenna suite which has a full kitchen, dining area, couch that could be made into a second bed and a full bedroom with bathroom. The bathroom has a nice feature of a heat fan when you are using the bath/shower. The bed was very comfortable, and taking that from a girl who doesn't usually sleep well away from home, that is a huge compliment. It was very quiet at night, no city noise. I got the suite, because I had to make my own meals, as I got in very late each night. They had all the lights on for me when I arrived back so that I could see every night. They even were able to serve me a wheat free breakfast a little earlier for my early commute to where I was going. The breakfasts were very good, I have never had wheat free french toast before, let alone gourmet like it was, that was my favorite breakfast. Thanks to the staff, they were excellent.

Room Tip: Although the Ravenna suite was quiet, it was on the bottom floor level. If you don't want to hea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
loughborough
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed in the Garden room which appeared to be the only room that didn't have a bathroom en suite. Having reread the description on their website they do actually more or less say that but I hadn't picked it up and that it why I have to give it a 4 star rating. It did create a certain inconvienience having to go out onto the landing in the night to be able to use the bathroom and not being able to leave your bits and pieces about in the bathroom in case any body went in, you were given a key to lock it but that just seemed to cause addditional hassle.Everywhere was beautifully decorated well maintained and felt like home. like a few other B&B's we stayed in it just seemed to be inhabited by guests.

Room Tip: The garden room does not have an ensuite bathroom, but otherwise is very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for the feedback, we have clarified this on our website but do want all readers to know that, yes the Garden Chamber does have a private but detached bath. Its all yours, but you do have to step 3 steps into the hall, outside the door to your room to access your bath. Alas, some plumbing in these great old houses was just not put in a place where it is easily moved. The room is therefore our most economical choice, sports a king bed, and a great porch, offering a great choice for those not minding the bath in the hall. We get that it works for some, and not for others. All our other rooms have ensuite baths. We are very happy that despite the bath inconvenience that you did enjoy your stay with us. Sorry we missed you during your time here. We ( the owners) do live on site here in our private quarters at the Inn and must have been out or retired early the nights you were with us. We are always available to you via cell phone in the event you need anything at all. Thanks for being our guest and for your helpful feedback.