“509 Get Real”

Wann Japanese Izakaya
Reserve with OpenTable
Wann Japanese Izakaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #436 of 4,394 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Belltown
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was a shot in the dark. We are very familiar with Vancouver Izakaya restaurants and everything we read said warning. This was our second of 3 dinners and expected to be the lowest rated one. Not so! As usual we sat at the bar and there was a great dynamic with bar staff. The openning oyster shooters were amazing and more followed thru the night. The wasabi marinated octopus was as good as I've had and though I was less impressed my wife loved the salmon collar. The unfiltered sake was icing on the cake. The surprise gold medal of 3 great dinners.

1  Thank ScottC

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Went to Wann with my colleagues from work for lunch. There is a large selection of fish, meat, and a few vegetarian options. Most of us had the $11 bento lunch special which is a great sampling of different foods. The spicy tuna roll I had was nothing to rave about, but some of the rolls my colleagues ate they thought were excellent. This place is known for their all-day Mon. and Tue. happy hours. Besides the roll, everything else I ate was very good (salad, miso, mackerel, rice). Nice atmosphere and not too expensive. I'd go back.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I went here with my wife and boss, great atmosphere for a casual business meeting. We have lived in Seattle for almost 2 years and find it difficult to get sushi similar to what is found in California. Most Seattle sushi is cheap "take a plate of of a conveyor belt" type sushi but Wann does it right and most importantly you can have a conversation unlike the other sushi restaurants with crazy loud techno music.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

We went here for sushi and didn't try anything else, but at least those rolls was very good. Lots of different variations, very delicately served as well. Service was very good too.

Reviewed December 1, 2010

Wann Japanese Izakaya is located in the Belltown area near Lenora and 2nd Avenue. I came on a Thursday evening at 8:30pm and sat at the bar. It was very mellow with a few groups of people...perfect after a long day of work.

I ordered the Kobe Beef Yakisoba. The meal arrived in approximately 10 minutes. Talk about presentation. I should have taken a picture of the bowl. The entree was a mixture of noodles, different vegetables, and spices. All the flavors were balanced. Nothing was obscured.

The service was top notch. Overall, I was very pleased.