“Exceptional!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a Vietnamese acquaintance who promised me great food at a reasonable price. my wife, son and I all love Vietnamese cuisine and we were all delighted in the flavor, quality and beauty of the food.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Banh Xeo is the exceptional appetizer I cannot pass up, but their other dishes have never disappointed me or friends for the past 7 years, and we have tried maybe 15 different items. Always fast service and fresh ingredients. When solo or with friends in the International District on the way to Dim Sum, we have to stop here first for the Banh Xeo, an "Asian"-French crepe with sprouts, served with fresh lettuce, basil, cilantro, mint and possibly more herbs. So the trick is to make yourself an Asian burrito with part of a lettuce leaf, add some crepe and herbs before you roll it up and dip it in fish sauce. Your server will teach you if you confess that you're new to this eating with your hands business. Even gluten free folks can happily roll here, and my g-niece chose to share this place for her 17th birthday meal. Good service, reasonable prices, authentic.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I picked up a taste for Vietnamese food while working in Tampa of all places. This place is very good with a lot of spices and flavors.

I ordered cahn chu ca which is a "sour" soup with catfish, pinapple, tomato and some other veggies I can't identify. It was overall very good. Looking forward to trying the pho the next time I go.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Not sure why this restaurant gets such high reviews. Maybe a lot of tourists reviewed it? If you live in Seattle, you likely know more flavorful Asian restaurants than this one.

To start, it's a very dark, windowless restaurant. Apparently, before the state smoking ban, people used to smoke like crazy in the space, and it still smells faintly like smoke at times.

I had a vegetarian noodle bowl, which was essentially just noodles and vegetables floating in saltwater. There were no real discernible flavors, and the promised tofu and vegetarian "ham" were very sparse. Truly, you could make this at home, but with more complex spices.

Average food at best, really.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The restaurant is worth visiting, but not, I think, worth revisiting. I found cheap ingredients, and a predictable preparation.