“Must eat here if in Seattle”
Review of Art of the Table

Art of the Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Art of the Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #295 of 4,383 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Fremont
Reviewed August 6, 2014

insanely good food and dining experience. a must go place in seattle. everything was delicious and service was impeccable.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just tried this place last night. We had 9 tiny courses that had a very wide variety of ingredients and combinations. The flavors were interesting and it was fun to try such a wide variety of dishes. However if you are looking for that one amazing dish to keep you coming back this is not the place for you. It was all about the experience of trying new things. All of them were tasty but no one item really blew me away. Even if it had they specialize in a chef chosen tasting menu so you couldn't order it on your next visit anyway. We also got the wine pairing which was well chosen.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The staff at this restaurant was amazing. Very small staff, even though they were busy the staff was very attentive. They would take time to talk about each dish. Innovative dishes were served. This made me try things I wouldn't have tasted otherwise. I would never have ordered carrot soup, but there carrot soup was amazing. I normally wouldn't touch goose liver but I tried it and still don't like it.. My favorite dish was the salmon. The only complaint, I had was that there was no bread. I needed bread so I could get the last taste of the amazing dishes that were served. I had a great experience at Art of the Table

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Budget some time. Get the tasting menu. Don't rush. It took about three hours for us to have dinner here, with coffee and conversation. Everything, and I mean everything, on the tasting menu was out of this world, all locally sourced and fresh. Reservations a must for this small space. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Came here to celebrate my best friend's birthday. She'd never been here and it didn't disappoint, yet again.

There's so much care and attention to detail to every dish. And you can taste the difference, too. Everything is exquisite.

We shared everything family-style and ordered: crudo, shiitake mushrooms, black cod, and duck breast. The crudo was fresh and so tasty. The mushrooms were too salty for my taste, but my friend enjoyed them. The black cod was my favorite. Crispy skin in a buttery, rich sauce. The duck was cooked perfectly and really good. The stars of the dinner were definitely the crudo and the black cod. The last time I was here they also prepared a really good seafood dish. So the chef knows his seafood and sure knows how to cook it right. Amazing. Then the server brought us a complimentary sorbet dessert with the most delicious cookie and a candle to celebrate my friend's birthday. That attention to detail is one example of what sets Art of the Table a part. This restaurant is just on another scale.

Speaking of service; it's awesome. Our server was knowledgeable, honest, funny, and friendly. He was there to answer questions, offer suggestions, but he didn't hover, he let us take our time. That's perfect service to me.

This place is more a splurge restaurant for me. I wish I could go all the time, but it's not the most affordable. But that's okay, because every time I have come, it's more than worth what it costs. It's a GREAT dining experience. I absolutely love this restaurant.