“Creative and Fresh take on Pacific Northwest Fine Dining”
Review of Art of the Table

Art of the Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Art of the Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #373 of 4,168 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Fremont
Seattle, Washington
“Creative and Fresh take on Pacific Northwest Fine Dining”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We enjoyed a very creative 9 course meal. Each dish was full of flavour with local meats, seafood and greens. This is less expensive alternative to fine dining rather that the Herb farm. Service and presentation was excellent. The dishes came paced well and chef made adjustments to suit our preferences for some of the dishes.

Would definately come back to celebrate a special occation.

The place is small and intimate, wine selection is okay. Book well in advance and try to come for an earlier seating so that you can get one of the better tables for intimacy.

• Visited October 2012

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Absolutely disappointing.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It pains me even to leave a bad review, but this restaurant experience was just that disappointing, especially because I was so excited to eat here.

I've eaten everywhere from Michelin restaurants to taxi driver hangouts, and this place was far the most pretentious restaurant I've been to in my life. The sommelier/bar guy was surly and rude. Maybe it's because I wasn't wearing a $500 dress, but last I checked, I wasn't while at a $250-a-head dinner at Joel Robuchon's restaurant either. Also, nothing came out exceptionally hot, including the soup. I went on a Sunday, and maybe things are better on a Friday or Saturday night.

On paper, food sounded imaginative and wildly creative.. However, the execution did not translate to the dishes itself. Service was slow. One guy was waiting tables for the entire restaurant.

This is probably one of two low ratings I've ever given on Trip Advisor. An utterly disappointing experience and one that you will probably have to still try yourself to decide your feelings on it. Bottom line, I would never go back.

4 Thank MuchLoveandAloha
Ronan, Montana
“Food was great! Cocktails lacked”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The food was an experience. Each of the 9 courses was well planned and pulled off beautifully. I made my reservation online and was pleasantly surprised to be phoned back to confirm within a few hours. I can see why people say to sit at the chef's window as you get to look right into the prep area of the kitchen. Me and my husband ate at the communal table which was very fun because we got to meet some very nice people whom we later shared a cab with! We both had the Chef's Nibbles with the added wine paring. The wine was very nicely paired. We arrived early for our reservation so I had a cocktail to start and it had no flavor and lacked the pazazz the waiter had promised. All in all an very good experience but a little pricey for the offering.

Tacoma, Washington
“Inventive, clever and different”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Let's hear it for The Nightly Nibbles! 9 small courses paired with wines that are perfectly tuned to each plate; never had an experience quite like it. Not your usual upscale restaurant tiny bites, for which you pay through the nose, and leave feeling more than a little ripped off. We were VERY happy with the chef's use of flavor and texture in every dish we were served, and we left completely satisfied. No sense in listing the foods here as the menu changes every day, but suffice it to say that we will be back sooner than later. Even if you don't consider yourself an adventurous diner, you will be pleasantly surprised at the way chefs Dustin and Derek Ronspies create interesting and tasty combinations, using ingredients lesser cooks would never consider. Our only issue is the noise level, but that seems to happen everywhere of late.

• Visited December 2012
“You have to come here, and sit in the Chef's Window seats!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Opted for the Tasting menu where you can sit back, relax, and let course after course arrive in front of you and we were NOT disappointed!! Every item brought a new set of flavors worthy of any occasion from birthdays to anniversaries to a regular night out! We sat in the chefs window where you are literally almost in the kitchen so you can watch the food be prepared and interact with the guys! Such a fun experience!