“Top 3 Experience in my Life!”
Review of Art of the Table

Art of the Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Art of the Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #416 of 4,132 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Fremont
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Top 3 Experience in my Life!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

World class dining at Dustin's place. We sat at the chef's window for a nine course extravaganza with wine pairings and every course was so thoughtfully constructed with tastes, textures and plating. The menu changes daily, so I won't highlight anything as Chef/Owner Dustin daily comes up with a new menu and locally gets the best and freshest ingredients and makes magic of it spending much of the day preparing for only a dinner service.

The wait staff is very attentive and the restaurant is very cozy with probably no more than 10 tables. It appears he spreads out reservations so each dish can be carefully and thoughtfully prepared without a rush and every course can come timely and smoothly.

In summary, you can see the vision, passion and care of the owner/chef in what he built in Art of the Table. There is nothing commercial or contrived on this place. It is like going to a friends place who cooks world class food.

3 Thank Hsingo

“Great chef's tasting & venue”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Have been to many chef's tastings around the country. Chicago, Napa, Miami.... Art of the Table ranks right up there. Very creative and well done. Wine pairings worked well also. The venue is very unique and we had to search with the taxi driver to find it, but that is what made it better! Small, intimate, quaint... The mixologist even went out of his way to make a great non-alcoholic drink for my pregnant wife. Only 4 staff members are all that is needed. Highly recommend.

Seattle, Washington
“Left hungry”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our second time at Art of the Table and the first time that we went during Restaurant Week. For $28 each participating restaurant gives a 3 course meal. The courses we had were delicious, but skimpy. I wasn't "starving" when I arrived, just reasonably hungry for dinner. Now I understand that the usual cost of a meal here is more than $28 but if it is not feasible to provide enough to satisfy a normal appetite, then The Art of the Table should just not participate. During this promotion I had meals at The Capital Grille and Cafe Flora and in both those cases the food was ample and up to the standards of each restaurant. In summary, I suggest if someone wants a magical meal at The Art of the Table don't go during Restaurant Week unless you have a small appetite. Chef Dustin, you might want to re-think your level of participation. If you are packing in the diners every night you are open, maybe you don't need to participate and disappoint your customers.

2 Thank 2_gemini
New York City, New York
“Excellent meal!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My partner (a chef in New York) and I really enjoyed Art of the Table. The menu that night was great, and the service was warm and friendly. We wanted to try a bottle of local Washington wine, and the waiter recommended a great one, which was also reasonably priced. We ordered a la carte. The meal started with grilled sweet cayenne peppers, and later came such delicacies as duck meatballs; a "cheesecake" made from squash and goat cheese; and an almond frangipani tart with sherry cinnamon ice cream, poached plum and white nectarine jam. Regarding location, the restaurant is off the beaten path. You feel like you're eating in a residential neighborhood rather than a trendy downtown area. The waiter called us a cab afterwards, and the ride back to the center of town was $16. I would definitely return.

Newport Beach, California
“Two of the best dining experiences of my life...”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Until this past weekend, I have never had such an incredible dining experience that I actually returned to the restaurant the very next day, but that has changed. My girlfriend and I had the absolute pleasure of eating at Art of the Table this past Thursday evening then returned with our friends Friday evening being blown away each time. Although they serve an a la carte menu on Wednesday and Thursdays, it's an absolute no brainer to get the chef's menu. I could be slightly off on pricing, but I think it's $80-85 per person, but that's insanely reasonable for the incredible 9 course meal served. Even better, Dustin (owner/chef) changes the menu nightly so our meal on Thursday vs. Friday was completely night and day. I consider myself a bit of a foodie and have had the pleasure at eating at some of the best restaurants in the world (Daniel's in NYC, Hatfield's in LA, etc.) and Art of the Table has been my most memorable meals. That's just not because the quality of the food, but the uniqueness of each course, the incredible cocktails and the overall vibe of the restaurant. It's very laid back, the staff is a huge family (Dustin's brother is his sous chef) and make you feel incredibly welcome. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and a true gem as not everyone knows about it yet so go ASAP!