“Decent bar, terrible service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Brouwer's

Brouwer's
Ranked #535 of 4,079 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Belgian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Fremont
Baltimore, Maryland
“Decent bar, terrible service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The beer selection was pretty good with some belgians, some locals and some exotics but nothing too hard to find (would have been more impressed if it wasn't sooo expensive) and the food was interesting with some standard pub fare and some innovative concoctions (again, really expensive for a bar). But the service ruined whatever the bar had going for it so that's all I'll be focusing on for this review.

(Warning: shallowness and callousness below. You want a helpul review, you need to be brutal.)
For starters, the main bartender was
A) obnoxious (maybe she was trying for pretentious but it didn't come off that way at all),
B) mean (she was nice to the single people sitting near us so we think maybe she doesn't like couples) and
C) ignorant about her craft (didn't know one thing about the beer she was serving). All of which I can handle had she not been so
D) unpresentable - read as 'unattractive.'
We could've lived with all that and gave her the benefit of the doubt if she was at least attractive (tip: if you're a hot bartender, you can get away with all that, if not, you need to have a nice personality and know your s**t).

Finally, if that wasn't enough buzzkill, when the 2nd bartender showed up, he and the girl got into a heated argument right in front of everyone. Nice work guys, not! We will skip this place next time. We preferred Elysian and even The Pike Pub over this. They kicked this place's behind in every respect.

• Visited August 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“65 taps and more than 300 bottles of craft beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I came here one Saturday night on a hot late summer night with my girlfriend. We sat upstairs among the architecture reminiscent of a continental European beer-hall. It literally took me 15 minutes to pick my beer among their "beer book" of more than 300 bottles of craft beer. I ended up deciding on two cellar aged beers.

Although either or us did not order food, the selection was mind-blowing and I fully intend on revisiting this place the next time I come to Seattle. Neither Vancouver or Portland has anything remotely close to the selection offered at this gastropub.

• Visited August 2011
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Get your beer on”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Great beer selection. Good patio. Interesting menu with some authentic Belgian choices. Tried the deconstructed rabbit pot pie, the mussels, and a veggie sandwich. All were good enough to have again...and again. Fremont is a great neighborhood to walk around a bit and work up your thirst.

Newport, Vermont
“Must Stop for Beer Fans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Was in Seattle for just a few days, but was recommended to visit here for sure.

Location is in a mostly quiet neighborhood of Seattle, north of downtown, so it's a short trek up I-5.

Atmosphere is great. Warm and welcoming, nice decor, big open main area and well appointed bar with loads of glass coolers to showcase all the bottled beer.

Beer selection is outstanding, both with bottles and draft. The staff was extremely knowledgable and friendly.

The food was also excellent. Can't recommend this enough to beer aficionados and fans alike.

• Visited June 2012
“This is the beer capitol of Seattle (which is aaying a lot)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

I was recently in Seattle 4-2-12 and Brouwers is an awesome place. I wish I lived close to it! The beer selection is just amazing, and the staff is very knoledgable about beer. I had the lamb burger, first one ever, and it was perfection! I had beer that went all the way back to 1998 (a barley wine actually) it was a great experience. Be sure to check it out. It's about a $13 cab ride from downtown. Worth every penny!