“Hard to find, parking is horrible but good food, service and value”
Review of Tamarind Tree

Tamarind Tree
Ranked #204 of 4,197 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Have been here twice and had good food and service both times. Last night was with a group of 12. We shared fresh spring rolls (several varieties, good, not soggy), halibut, chicken and several other dishes (pages 14-16 good for sharing, as you can tell from page reference the menu is extensive). Waiter told us to skip rice rolls and also which dishes would be harder for group to share. One person in group had black russian and said it was excellent. Place gets crowded quickly. Parking is limited, not sure what spaces are available for restaurant and what are for other venues. Prices are reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Tamarind Tree

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Outside looks are deceiving. Inside the restaurant is well appointed. Enjoyed sitting in the covered patio. Food was outstanding--we tried the small plates and loved everything we tried.
Martinis were good, too.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

It was a cold and rainy night when my husband, a friend and myself went to dinner at the Tamarind Tree. We got lost getting there because I did not read the directions on the Website close enough.

Once we got there, we got seated in a quasi-outdoor area and even with a tarp covering the ceiling and a bunch of space heaters, it was cold! I'm not from Seattle and I was cold most of my time there, but the area was really cold and there was no more space inside.

The food was good, but not the best Vietnamese I've ever had. I think I selected the wrong dish (pork wrapped something), but the spring rolls were yummy. I should have asked for a recommendation...

Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was a bit of effort to find the place, hidden in the messy back of a cluster of strip malls. The room was surprisingly nice given the views outside. We started with fresh salad rolls which we found somewhat tasteless. Salad rolls are something we eat a lot of at home and on travel but these ones for what ever reason were devoid of "taste" and shrimp for that matter. 1 shrimp, sliced in half were all that we could find after dissecting one to expose the inside. The crisp (fortune) cookie strip inside give the roll a nice crunch and texture. Next we had combo bowls of chicken, pork, shrimp over vermacelli and while huge, was also tasteless and required hot sauce or any sauce. Overall we really liked the place but are puzzled why the flavours of the food did not stand out. We mused that perhaps we are so used to MSG we can not taste fresh from "enhanced flavour". It may be the tea we started with or weather - somehow the flavours were not there. We would not return given our experience with flavour and the effort to get to this location.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Delicious Vietnamese food tucked away in Seattle's "little Saigon." Try the green papaya salad. And don't be afraid to ask for recommendations!