“good food but hard to get a coffee refill- in Seattle at breakfast that is unheard of”
Review of Bryant Corner Cafe

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
west hartford, CT
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I took my daughter, a medical student to breakfast at 10am on a Wednesday. There were three tables seated when we arrived. We ordered and the coffee was hastily set down and the server disappeared before my daughter could ask for cream. One request was made and then the server was asked a second time and disappeared. Finally her assistant brought the cream.
Breakfast arrived and was hot and tasty. I asked for salt and pepper then ended up taking the ketchup and jam off an empty table as again the server was again no where to be seen. After being asked if everything was ok the server dropped the check off. We had to ask the asst for a coffee refill as well as a box. We were never asked if we wanted anything else. Turns out it was close to break time for the server. The asst gave us a smile and a good bye but the server who was sitting at a table facing us just turned away. We are not that demanding of customers and for a late breakfast and an essentially empty restaurant this was unacceptable treatment. our %15 tip was for the poor asst .

2 Thank salsababs

Seattle
“Usually ok but...”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

There aren't many breakfast restaurants in my neighborhood and Sunflour has the regular bill of fare but I did have a crab omelet one morning and got food poisoning, It lasted a couple days. I was eating with a physician and she was pretty sure it was food poisoning. i called the restaurant to report it to them. I would eat there again, but I think I'll skip the crab.

2 Thank RetiredNL0vinit
“Scary management!”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I went to Sunflower with a group of 10. Turned on the water in the bathroom and it was scalding hot, but I was able to adjust it to the right temp. Washed my hands and left. Right after I left, I heard a little girl screaming inside, so I went back in to see what was wrong. She had burned her hands on the water and her mother was trying to comfort her. Another woman said it was always this hot. So I went to tell the manager that they should turn the temp down on the hot water and that she had a screaming child in the bathroom and she said, "Well, it's adjustable!" Later I was talking to the other woman who saw what happened while we were waiting for our tables. She told me she had complained about it before and had always been brushed off. As I was talking, the manager asked me to come outside to talk with her. She then told me that "If you harass any more of my customers about what happened, I'll have to ask you to leave." I explained that the woman was in the bathroom with me. She got in my face and said she would make me leave if I said one more word about it to anyone. I said OK and was willing to drop it, but the rest of my group felt so uncomfortable after they saw the manager try to intimidate me, that they didn't want to give any of their money to this cafe. So we all left.

4 Thank sallykate55
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Sandwich place. Not too...”
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Sandwich place. Not too awesome.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Actually, it's called Sunflour. My favorite place for a Sunday brunch, though it's generally packed.”
Reviewed July 7, 2008