“Lovely spot”
Review of Sitka & Spruce

Sitka & Spruce
Reserve with OpenTable
Sitka & Spruce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 4,109 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely spot”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We couldn't get a dinner reservation here on our weekend visit but did manage to come for brunch. Glad we did. The space is so pretty during the day with tons of natural light I'm glad we got to see it in daylight.

I love the market like space, it's always fun to stroll through fabulous butchers, cheese, wine & flower shops before eating. Brunch itself was fantastic. My husband & I shared 3 items - the smelts, which were slightly pickets and amazing, the smoked salmon, which melted in your mouth and the fried egg over potatoes, which sound plain and boring, but it was kinda magical with a sorrel sauce. Everything was just lovely.

We walked by the open kitchen on our way out and saw the biscuits... and had to get one to go. Best biscuit I think I've ever eaten. They packed it up with whipped butter and a smoky orangey jam which had the consistency more of honey, but it really didn't need anything.

Would love to see what they do for dinner here.

Visited May 2014

NYC
“Creativity is Key at this Bistro in Melrose Market”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My business partner and I were attending a conference in the convention center and our local host suggested Sitka & Spruce--a walkable distance from the center. The plates are small and intended to be shared. We enjoyed a terrific salad (dressing was perfecto) with fresh mint. My partner had a poached egg on greens and I had roasted turnips with a light garlic mayo. For dessert we split a hazel nut cake with caramel sauce and chocolate/mocha pudding with licorice infused marshmallows. The iced tea was an Earl Grey available at Pike Street Market (we went down the next day to buy some to take home). Lovely! Wait staffers were very professional and engaging. The venue, Melrose Market, is very cool, with a Homegrown sandwich shop, gift shop, flower stall, meat and cheese purveyors, etc.

• Visited May 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Very unique”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed the unique ingredients and love that was put into this menu and my dish. The wait staff is very professional and polite. You have met my expectations and then some.

• Visited April 2014
chastings9010
“Great town”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I was in Alaska for the first time and stayed a week in Sitka. What a wonderful place! Great views all day long, eagles and ravens abound, a magnificent trail system right near town (no need for a car), and very nice and genuine people everywhere. It made me want to move to town! I hung out at the Bayview Pub, got to know the Totem Poles, and hiked to the top of Gavin Hill (like doing two hrs on a stair master ). Amazing views. Go see for yourself!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Special preparation and extra special ingredients”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Uniquely prepared foods and smallish portions that are quite filling and a bit pricey. But such unique and special ingredients. Attentive service and nice explanation of all the unique ingredients. The building the restaurant is located in, is a unique combination of purveyors, cafe, wine store, gifts, flowers and more. Nice setting.

Visited April 2014