“Excellent Experience”

and up
Gourmet Seattle Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 83 Food & Drink in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Seattle via five different food & cultural tours! Pike Place Market, Seattle's gourmet restaurant scene, the Capitol Hill neighborhood, indulgent chocolate, and even booze! Group Events & Customized Private Tours also available. Each tour offers a large variety of tastings (15+), while visiting 6-9 different specialty food shops, artisans, and neighborhood restaurants. Tours operate daily year-round, are 2-3 hours long, and range between $39 - $69, depending on the tour. The tours focus on F.L.O.S.S. (fresh, local, organic, seasonal, and sustainable) foods and beverages. Enough food is served on each tour that most guests consider it a meal. Each guest receives discreet, individual ear pieces so that they can hear crystal clear sound from their knowledgeable and funny tour guide. Never strain to hear or fight to stand next to the guide. Hang back, snap photos, and never miss a word!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My partner and I did the Booze n' Bites and Chocolate Tour on our recent trip to Seattle. Both tours were informative and fun, especially since this was our first trip to the city. Nick S. was our tour guide for both and he was awesome, you will be lucky if you get him to guide your group. Only advice I'd give is know your threshold for chocolate if you pick that one. I loved it but my partner is not quite the chocolate junkie as I am. When we get back to Seattle we will definitely be doing the Gourmet tour.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,748)
All reviews
"discount card"
in 231 reviews
"gourmet tour"
in 186 reviews
"the pike place market tour"
in 163 reviews
"hear everything"
in 39 reviews
"chukar cherries"
in 57 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 122 reviews

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I did the Pike Place Market tour and it was fabulous! Very informative and great sampling of local bites! Do-nuts, cheese, smoked salmon, chowder, crab cakes, salted caramels and the list goes on... A shout out to CJ for being a great guide! Don't forget to bring along a little US cash for a tip. My boyfriend and I were a little embarrassed b/c we had no cash on us to give CJ a tip. At the end of the tour we bought him a bottle of wine at one of the tour stops and gave him that instead. A really great way to spend the afternoon in Seattle!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was an amazing tour. I recommend this to anyone who is visiting Seattle and taking there first tour.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I booked Savor Seattle's Booze n' Bites Tour and had a great time. Brett did an AMAZING job as our tour guide and was funny (even with some pre-canned jokes), informative and welcoming.

However, my only concern was the food and drinks itself. Most of the drinks and eats were, how could I say, trivial. Spring rolls? A taco? On the drinks side, there were 1 or 2 good ones and several run of the mill drinks (cheap margarita, lemongrass martini, really?)

Seattle has established itself as a place with good eats and even better drinks yet I feel the Booze and Bites on this tour were mediocre...they weren't bad but they were definitely nothing special. (e.g. the mexican stop on the tour had the same taco you can buy for a $1 and the same margarita you can buy anytime for $2)

I did enjoy my time and I would even recommend the tour because of the guides and overall experience of the tour but if you are hoping to explore Seattle with unique eats and drinks, I suggest choosing a different tour from Savor Seattle.

savorseattle, Owner at Savor Seattle Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your tour with Brett! He takes a lot of pride in his job and enjoys entertaining his guests.

We are sorry to hear that not all of the tastings met your expectations. Each restaurant chooses their tastings to showcase what they do best (e.g. cosmo poured over cotton candy). As well, we want to introduce guests to items that are familiar, but with a twist (e.g. caramelized shrimp with Chinese sweet sausage and crunchy rice noodles inside of a spring roll). We know not everyone is super adventurous, but things like a lemongrass martini nudge people just a tiny bit out of their comfort zone.

Seattle is characterized by its love for comfort food, so places like El Borracho are rightfully famous for their $4.00 Happy Hour margaritas. It’s absolutely delicious, pairing perfectly with the sweet and sour of the pineapple in the pork tacos that are paired with it. We wouldn’t be doing you justice if we skipped it.

We know how important expectations are. As such, we keep our website and marketing materials as up to date as possible so that guests know exactly which locations and tastings are included on all of our tours.

The next time that your travels bring you through Seattle, I encourage you to give us another opportunity to “wow” you. I am confident that we can!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I went on my third tour with Savor Seattle last week and as usual they were terrific! Their guides are knowledgeable, interesting and funny! They truly want everyone to learn something, enjoy great food and want to get the most out of their experience.

I went on the Pike Place Market food tour. I'm a local so have been to all of these places before, but accompanied my out of town friend. I learned a few new things and really enjoyed the yummy things we get to taste. You'll learn fun things about the market and even get to go behind the counter at a few places! Plus then you get a 10-20% discount on all their partners for a week after the tour!

You won't regret spending a couple of hours on one of their tours.

1  Thank Sue T