“Enjoyed the fresh pastries each day”
Review of Macrina Bakery

Macrina Bakery
Ranked #5 of 112 Bakeries in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Belltown
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed in a condo upstairs from Macrina and enjoyed the walk down each day to grab breakfast. They have a varied assortment of muffins, breads and treats. My favorite was the orange cranberry muffin. They also have a brioche that was very good. The prices were right as well. I stocked up each day on 4-5 items for around $10 to $12. Well worth stopping in if you;re in Belltown.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am from Montana. My sister and I have gone here for the last three years to catch up and plan our time together. Yummy food and lots of coffee. They are very nice and since there is sooo much to pick from they help you decide and are not pushy. People at next table were a couple of gals from Japan. They were fun to talk to. A real keeper.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

On a Saturday morning, the wait was long and the place was packed, so we decided to eat outside despite the chill. Had a great tart with almonds, raspberries and yogurt while my friend had a croissant and some other bakery items. The staff was very nice and helpful and cheery despite being very busy - one of them helped us carry everything outside. The food was really good and made the hassle to get it worthwhile. Would go again.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of eating at Macrina Bakery last weekend for breakfast based on the stellar TripAdvisor reviews and we were certainly not disappointed. My wife is a big fan of waffles and French toast and baked treats so this place was right up her alley. They have excellent baked goods. I had the raisin brioche French toast which had a pear butter sauce on it, and it came with fantastic chicken sausage. The sausage was good, but I did get a piece of bone that I couldn't chew. The French toast was great, although after a few bites, was a bit too sweet for my tastes. For my wife, it was perfect and she loved it. For me, I wish I would have gotten something a bit more savory. Great place. We could see why it was so popular. It's also easy to stop in and get some baked goods to go---they have everything from scones to cinnamon rolls to cookies.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have had the pleasure of eating at some amazing bakeries around the US and Europe. Macrina is right up there with best I've ever had. Worth a visit when in Seattle, hell it's worth traveling for! Had the nutella brioche this past week and was blown away. I know that nutella has a distinct ability to make most things amazing, but this really was top notch. Coffee is great too. The only downside is the tiny location, but this is also a strength as it feel very authentic.