“Yummy”

Macrina Bakery
Ranked #8 of 120 Bakeries in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Belltown
Seattle, WA
“Yummy”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of eating at Macrina Bakery last weekend for breakfast based on the stellar TripAdvisor reviews and we were certainly not disappointed. My wife is a big fan of waffles and French toast and baked treats so this place was right up her alley. They have excellent baked goods. I had the raisin brioche French toast which had a pear butter sauce on it, and it came with fantastic chicken sausage. The sausage was good, but I did get a piece of bone that I couldn't chew. The French toast was great, although after a few bites, was a bit too sweet for my tastes. For my wife, it was perfect and she loved it. For me, I wish I would have gotten something a bit more savory. Great place. We could see why it was so popular. It's also easy to stop in and get some baked goods to go---they have everything from scones to cinnamon rolls to cookies.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Missoula, Montana
“Best bakery around”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have had the pleasure of eating at some amazing bakeries around the US and Europe. Macrina is right up there with best I've ever had. Worth a visit when in Seattle, hell it's worth traveling for! Had the nutella brioche this past week and was blown away. I know that nutella has a distinct ability to make most things amazing, but this really was top notch. Coffee is great too. The only downside is the tiny location, but this is also a strength as it feel very authentic.

Santee, CA
“Love this Place!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Every time I'm in Seattle, I manage to make a stop at Macrina. The bread is amazing and the bakery treats are delicious. Definitely worth a stop.

San Diego, California
“Very good food!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I really like the selections at this bakery, a bit too rich to have very often but wonderful as a treat. The carne quiche and orange hazelnut pinwheel were delicious.
I had varying experiences with the staff. Some were friendly and helpful, others seemed a bit bored, uninterested.

• Visited January 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Belltown Landmark Bakery/Restaurant”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Instead of sitting inside where it is crowded, sit out at a sidewalk table while having a latté and pastry. Their pastries are almost always fabulous. We had a delicious red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing. A nice way to begin the morning. Watch the ladies make and decorate the cakes through the window next door.

Visited January 2014