“Best Baguette and Croissant outside of France”
Review of Bakery Nouveau

Bakery Nouveau
Ranked #1 of 111 Bakeries in Seattle
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Now that my son's moved to West Seattle we have another reason to visit! Bought a baguette and six assorted croissants for my road trip back east and could not comprehend how they could make these excellent bakery goods. I have visited France frequently and lamented about the fact I couldn't find the same quality as i did in Paris and Normandy. I know where my first visit will be in October when I return, daily. Try any of the croissants, you'll never experience a bad one. A baguette and a jar of Rainier Cherry Preserves will complete a visit to this superb patisserie.

2  Thank Gromitspal

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Love the personal service and caring staff. The baguettes are the best in the US and make wonderful sandwiches.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

About everything is beyond words delicious. Both locations. Easier parking I think in west Seattle But you can't go wrong going there

1  Thank Jwick1
Reviewed August 8, 2014

we were taken here by a friend who knows what kind of sweet tooth i have and i was not dissapointed...had a chocolate croissant and a almond croissant that melted in my mouth..what more can i say...this is the banana split of bakeries...we were there during the week and i understand on the weekend you cant get in....wow

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Wow! Stopped in for a quick breakfast item, but it took me a while to decide because just when I thought I saw what I wanted, the next item in the case was even more tempting. The pastries look so good that you want to take a picture and use it as a screensaver, but I was so busy deciding that I didn't take a picture. Besides if I saw this food on my computer screen, I would have to make a trip to West Seattle every day!

Turns out the food not only looks good, but tastes fantastic as well. The problem is that you will probably end up buying more than you need (but still eat it all). I started with quiche (smoked salmon & dill). The filling was so smooth is was almost like a flan and the flavors were subtly delicious. The crust was flaky and didn't overwhelm the filling.

So when I finished that, I was on my way to get an apple caramel tart (yum!) and I saw a multi-layer German chocolate--my favorite! So I bought one to go. This is my birthday cake of choice and I'm picky about it. The coconut-pecan filling was divine!

I have to say that the Caprese sandwich on ciabatta bread (they do sell bread by the loaf as well) looked excellent, but I forced myself out the door before I could get in the order line again!

All I can say is that this is not a one-time stop. You'll be dreaming of your next visit the moment you walk out the door!

1  Thank TravelingFan22